Severe Errors starting linux server Tekkit 3.03 using Java 7

kielan

Question

Launcher/pack Version: 3.03

Operating System: Linux CentOS 6.2

Version of Java: java version "1.7.0_04"

Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_04-b20)

Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.0-b21, mixed mode)

Description of Problem: Getting alot of severe errors on start, had no worries with previous version, help would be very much appreciated, I've tried reinstalling java and everything I can think of.

Error Messages: Mostly java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError which is why I reinstalled Java 7 JRE, but no luck.

Link to pastebin of log: http://pastebin.com/7XRHDGyx

12 answers to this question

Had the same problem but I removed wireless redstone (from mods folder); it at least lets the server run, so try that and see if it works.

Let me know if you get wireless redstone working though, id love to be able to use it again!

Thanks I removed: wrcbe-addons-server-1.2.1-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5.zip, wrcbe-core-server-1.2.1-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5.zip, wrcbe-redpower-server-1.2.1.1-bukkit-mcpc-1.2.5.zip

Now the server starts at least :), so it seems to be an issue with those mods.

Would anyone have any idea as to why wireless redstone wont load for us two? Ive tried changing the zip file name to change the loading order and such but can never get it to load. Whats going on with it? I can post my log if you want but its the same as the other guy.

Would anyone have any idea as to why wireless redstone wont load for us two? Ive tried changing the zip file name to change the loading order and such but can never get it to load. Whats going on with it? I can post my log if you want but its the same as the other guy.

You are probably using OpenJDK Java.

You need to use Sun Java by Oracle

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre-7u4-download-1591157.html

You are probably using OpenJDK Java.

You need to use Sun Java by Oracle

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre-7u4-download-1591157.html

I am using that precise version I used the link from the tekkit website, quit presuming the obvious, I'm using the right version of java thats the first thing I checked!

Cant you read? "Error Messages: Mostly java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError which is why I reinstalled Java 7 JRE, but no luck." using JRE not JDK :)

Wireless does not load, it just doesn't, some of us have to remove it for the server to load up.

Also when you hit /reload none of the Tekkit mods work anymore on my server and there are no error messages ^^, although I hear using /reload is not a good idea with Tekkit.

CodeChickenCore does not properly parse only LF line endings (usually switched by an editor like VI). The solution is to convert the WirelessRedstone.cfg file back to CRLF line endings.

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-unix-linux-convert-dos-newlines-cr-lf-unix-text-format/ This should help

This still doesn't fix it, as it automatically changes em to CR/LF line endings if they were LF line endings in the first place (verified with notepad++). Would be great if someone had any input as to why it doesnt work?

Is there a fix for this that I missed somewhere?

Did you manage to solve this? having the same issue. also converted wirelessredstone to CRLF but cant get it to work.

java version "1.7.0_04"

Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_04-b20)

Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.0-b21, mixed mode)