Spoilt

Hello I've posted a new modpack for a server I'm setting up but whenever anyone (including me) tries to download and run the modpack we get error messages.

(originally I had no issues with the pack until other people tried downloading it and got that error then after deleting my .technic and starting fresh I get the same errors)

please consult modpack author

If you manually add that jar then it will pop up with a different failed to download message 

After doing some digging I realized that inside .technic/cache/org/scala lang all of the seperate folders in there are missing the jar files and if i throw my backed up scala lang folder in there it works fine
.techniccacheorgscala-lang

What can I do to fix this? its outside of the modpack folder so I cant just add those files to my modpack

• 8 months later...

Hi, sorry for posting in such an old thread but I had this prob with all the packs that I tried to install & after reading this,

After doing some digging I realized that inside .technic/cache/org/scala lang all of the seperate folders in there are missing the jar files and if i throw my backed up scala lang folder in there it works fine

I thought I would expand on that & try some things out myself & post the solution I found for others.

The way I found to fix my problems was;

1. uninstall minecraft.

2. delete .minecraft(to remove any leftovers).

3. reinstall minecraft 1.8.

4. run minecraft, load the default profile & chose release 1.8.0, allow the game to load to the main menu then close the game.

5. reinstall forge-1.8-11.14.3.1450.

6. run minecraft again but this time load the new forge profile & chose release forge-1.8-11.14.3.1450, allow the game to load to the main menu then close the game.

8. go into your .minecraft/libraries folder & copy all the files there.

9. go into your .technic folder, right click on the cache folder & paste the files you just copied into it & chose yes to all.

10. launch technic & install your mod pack.

On a side note: I would recommend making a backup of the freshly installed libraries folder before adding any mods so that you have it available in the future.

I searched for a long time for a fix for this problem to no avail & I ended up having to figure it out on my own, hopefully this will help others avoid that.

Edited by Ragnar6645
forgot some things and spellchecking

• 5 years later...