adding mods to tekkit

OK i am using tekkit to play single player because i like all of the mods that are included, and because i have a crappy internet connection. But i was wanting to add a couple of extra mods into it such as Thaumcraft, and backpacks. I am using the recommended version of Tekkit. So if anyone could possibly tell me how to add these two specific mods please tell me.

Thank you

Use NEI to create a block id dump of what is free and what is in use (turn off mods you won't use before you do so).

Install new mods.

Assign them IDs that are free based on that block ID dump.

I'd just go Technic and remove mods you don't use and add mods you like but the process is basically the same.

ok could you possibly go a little bit more in depth i am a bit of a noob lol

because honestly i have no idea what u are talking about lmao

First of all, clean up your chanspeak. If I want to hear people talk like this, I'd go to /b/, not this forum. Comments aside, I would be interested in knowing how to make NEI dump IDs as well. I am a server host, as well as a modder, and I plan to give back to the Tekkit community by making a mod for Tekkit 3.xx, so I figure it would be useful to keep an item list handy.

ok could you possibly go a little bit more in depth i am a bit of a noob lol

because honestly i have no idea what u are talking about lmao

I was going to be nice and type a response but I changed my mind.

I decided to try and be even nicer and created a thread on the technic forums because 1) most of the SSP information like that is most relevant on that forum and 2) SMP people should know how to do this stuff before they launch a server (which is really the only time they need to do it).

I hope this helps. http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,12415.0.html

If you have any good questions, I will try to answer them on there unless someone gets there first with the right info or I go walkabout.