[Solved] I'm super dumb! How do I protect stuff?

Did basic searches under protect and protection but got nothing that helped me.

I have core protect on my server but I cant work out how to use a basic protect on the more targeted areas like the spawn and trade areas (yes I know core protect doesn't do that). I could have sworn in 1.2.5 I was able to do it with a wooden axe and basic bukkit protection commands but right now in 3.0.4 I can seem to figure it out.

Do I need to download a separate plugin or am I just being super dense?

Thanks for your help community!

You almost certainly want WorldGuard. You will also want the patches that fix some loopholes in WorldGuard's protection against things like the Equivalent Exchange red matter tools, which don't destroy blocks in the usual way (which means stock WorldGuard won't protect against them.) See the sticky thread at the top of this forum.

WorldGuard is the plugin which your thinking of - it defines regions, and stuff.

You almost certainly want WorldGuard. You will also want the patches that fix some loopholes in WorldGuard's protection against things like the Equivalent Exchange red matter tools, which don't destroy blocks in the usual way (which means stock WorldGuard won't protect against them.) See the sticky thread at the top of this forum.

Thank you both very much.