Modpack crashes to launch (very stubborn problem)

Kapteinsterk

Hello everyone hoping to get some help, i've never needed help before during modded minecraft but this is too much for me.

I downloaded Ultra modded survival 2 (UMS2) Yesterday and it refuses to work. It begins, i see the big sparkles S, says loading minecraft core. Begins Preloading mods.

This will finish, go to 100%, begin to launch, briefly go black then close out and reopen the technic launcher.

Here is why i am coming to the forums for help, here is what i have done thus far gentlemen!

Updated java, tried downgrading and upgrading from 1.7 java to 1.8 and a few inbetween versions.

Upgraded drivers. Downgraded drivers.

I tested to see if my graphics card was having the 1.7.10 openGL error, but loading up FTB and playing direwolf's new 1.7.10 modpack works fine!

I have tested and removed optifine and fpsplus from the pack, as well as others to test if it was a conflict, it had no effect.

i have java 64bit.

I have enough ram dedicated for the game and even other much bigger modpacks work.

I have even completely factory reset my computer to ENSURE that i had a fresh working system and no viruses! THAT is how frustrated and determined i am to figure this out

I simply cannot figure out what i could try that i haven't and what is causing this to be so unplayable. My fiance plays just fine on her computer. Which made me think it was a hardware problem but i can play resonant rise even just fine so it makes no sense.

Below is the crashlog. Thanks in advance for comment.

[b#439]  #
[b#439]  # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
[b#439]  #
[b#439]  #  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00000000698d4f7b, pid=5516, tid=3392
[b#439]  #
[b#439]  # JRE version: Java SE Runtime Environment (7.0_71-b14) (build 1.7.0_71-b14)
[b#439]  # Java VM: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (24.71-b01 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
[b#439]  # Problematic frame:
[b#439]  # C  [atio6axx.dll+0x8a4f7b]
[b#439]  #
[b#439]  # Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
[b#439]  #
[b#439]  # An error report file with more information is saved as:
[b#439]  # C:UsersColbyAppDataRoaming.technicmodpacksultra-modded-survival-packhs_err_pid5516.log
[b#439]  #
[b#439]  # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
[b#439]  #   http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
[b#439]  # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
[b#439]  # See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
[b#439]  #
[b#439]  AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

Edited by Kapteinsterk

• Moderators

post the technic log

logs can be found when clicking the Cog-Wheel button on the top right corner on the launcher window.
If you can't open the launcher the logs can also be found inside %appdata% -> Roaming -> .technic -> logs

Paste the content on pastebin.com or paste.ubuntu.com and give the link.

I have this very same problem, except that mine will show the Mojang screen, and then will quit to the starting interface again. I have restarted my computer, and that didn't work. I have a server on Attack of the B-Team that I would like to work on, but I can't because of this problem. I play with a friend, and theirs works fine. Any suggestions?

• Moderators

I have this very same problem, except that mine will show the Mojang screen, and then will quit to the starting interface again. I have restarted my computer, and that didn't work. I have a server on Attack of the B-Team that I would like to work on, but I can't because of this problem. I play with a friend, and theirs works fine. Any suggestions?

Yes

read the Tracker Rules and make a proper report on the Tracker. Platform Pagoda is for issues with custom packs, you're playing on Attack of the B-team which is not a custom pack