Mod Update recommendation

Junon

Question

Launcher/pack Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Win7 Ultimate

Version of Java: latest, 64 bit and 32, just updated saturday

Description of Problem:

This is very likely on the right board, but if not, please forgive me. This is an issue specifically with the launcher, I'm sure. Ive been working on a HUGE map, acres and acres of legit built quarrys powered by solar mfe-batbox transformer towers. The launcher auto updated yesterday, and all my electric motors disappeared, all 82 of them, meaning, i need to make alternate fuel arrangements now. I know you dont give a hoot about my game specifics, but I wish to express to you the level of frustration over something like this.

Please make mod updating optional. you broke my game.

Also, a changelog on the launcher that includes things like "removed electric motors" would be great.

Antivirus program:n/a

Error Messages:n/a

Link to pastebin of log:n/a

4 answers to this question

Uh, dude, it is optional. You had your launcher set to "always use recommended build", and we've been talking abotu the removal of forestry for so long, there is no excuse for this. YOU broke your game.

I totes realize that. I'm getting an amazing free product. Awesome, thanks man, really, I appreciate it. But this is something that i put a buncha time into at the same time. I did come off a bit bitchy, not my intention. Just recommending something. I get it, its a work in progress, stuff like this is supposed to happen. But I'm pretty sure I didnt set it to that, at the same time. And just keep in mind, (realizing its free) I'm an end user, and dont always understand what that setting may mean. Also, as an end user I may not keep up with the community, and thats my prerogative. As such, I had no idea that forestry was coming out, I never liked it to begin with. It was big, felt clunky, somewhat useful, but EE simplifies it a lot more; but hey, to each their own. This is my first time on the forum, and i intend to keep more abreast of issues like this in the future. The electrically powered engine was awesome though, amigo. Give me that.

i understand the difficulties with developing a free product. I was harsh, amigo. Sorry, I was frustrated. You can understand why though, yes?

It was stupid to remove the electric engine, and dark matter and all that stuff. In my opinion, it made technic a lot worst, and not even desirable to play anymore.

The Electric Engine is part of Forestry, which had to be removed due to the author's behavior (adding malicious code that activates upon detection of the launcher). Equivalent Exchange isn't in the development build because... it's a development build.