members unable to get quarry's working

makeme

What are you typing to add them? Just "/op [buildcraft]"? Have you tried adding em to the ops.txt and see if that works? This is strange, as I just deop'd my buildcraft and re-op'd it in console with no issues with "/deop [buildCraft]" and "/op [buildCraft]" commands.

yeah I tried in game, in console, and adding them to the ops.txt. I get this in console

12:51:22 [sEVERE] null

org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'op' in plugin EasyEssentials v0.8.5

at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:42)

at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:166)

at forge.bukkit.ForgeCommandMap.dispatch(ForgeCommandMap.java:55)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:497)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:843)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:799)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:781)

at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.handle(Packet3Chat.java:34)

at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:234)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:119)

at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:83)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:579)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:467)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.x86cam.EasyEssentials.commands.ServerControl.commandOp.onCommand(commandOp.java:43)

at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:40)

... 13 more

Oh, thats EasyEssentials stopping the op command from going to the actual console I think. Try removing EasyEssentials and then see if it'll let you OP them. Also since you're using GriefPrevention, quarries and such inside of a claim have to be trusted, so you have to do /trust [buildCraft] while standing in the claim for quarries to work inside that claim.

Side note, why use EasyEssentials when the Essentials plugin is out, and does the same things but much more used and supported?

Heres a link to that http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/essentials/

Haha, no problem man! I got the same feeling the first time i used GriefPrevention and I was like "WTH QUARRIES ARENT BUILDING!?" But glad I could help, and ive never used EasyEssentials, but have you tried Essentials? Essentials includes functions that EasyEssentials has with more to add, and most features can be disabled as the plugin is split into packages.

Anyways, a hint for the quarries and GriefPrevention claims. If users trust buildcraft to their main claim, that means someone could quarry their entire house with landmarks. So what you really want is for users to subdivide their claim, and then trust buildcraft only to the subdivision. That way the person that wanted to landmark someones house and quarry it, wouldn't be able to place the landmarks or quarry in the appropriate locations to do so.

I went ahead and installed Essentials instead. Truthfully I didnt know their was a difference >.< and thanks for the info on the sub divisions>

Also remember that you need to do /trust [RedPower] inside claims for block breakers and other redpower stuff that modifies blocks to work.

Same subdivision rules for these apply, these are actually more important as someone could place a blockbreaker outside a claim and break blocks that are at the edge of the claim.

Try adding "[buildCraft]" as a new user in your ops.txt folder, or give it permission to bypass NoReach. Noreach is a node in almost every ant-cheat plugin that prevents a user from breaking blocks further from what Minecraft by default allows. Most times, [buildCraft] is identified as a user trying to break blocks out of reach.. And is unable to continue it's operating. By giving [buildCraft] op or giving it permissions to bypass the anti-cheat plugin. This may resolve your problem.

• 2 months later...