Empty Config file

Whitepawprint

Question

I've just installed the Technic Launcher for the Yogbox and I want to disable certain mods, but the mod select button doesn't work. I've read the FAQ which told me to go to AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\technicssp\config, however I don't know how to get there. I have tried the search bar in my documents and it can't seem to find it, and the only file I seem to have related to the technic launcher is technic-launcher-latest which only opens the launcher itself not any other files.

Help appreciated

EDIT: After finding the config file, I've found it's empty. I've tried deleting all files and reinstalling, but it's still empty so I can't change my mods. Any ideas? I have created a new world and played in it but still no luck

10 answers to this question

Re: Mod Select - read the FAQ

Press Windows Key + R, then type %appdata% into the prompt that comes up and hit enter.

Unless you're on a mac in which case I 'unno.

Right that worked, I folled the instructions and went to the config folder and it says to "right click on any of the .cfg files there. click open with and set it to always run with notepad.(Macs use textedit) Now you can change mods within the launcher." but the file is empty

And I'm using windows not a mac

You need to run the game at least once, so the ModLoader generates/fills up that config file.

If you did, yet the file is still empty, = no clue what's goin on D:

I just ran the game, walked around, broke a few blocks. The mods seemed to be working because I had starting inventory, but the config file is still empty.. D:

I just ran the game, walked around, broke a few blocks. The mods seemed to be working because I had starting inventory, but the config file is still empty.. D:

Did you doublecheck on the file location?

Direct, example, location is:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\technicssp\config\ModLoader.cfg

• Forum Administrators

Yep that's definitely where I am

That isn't where you want to be if you are trying to play the YogBox.

You want to be

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\yogbox\config\ModLoader.cfg

That isn't where you want to be if you are trying to play the YogBox.

You want to be

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\yogbox\config\ModLoader.cfg

Ah brilliant! Thanks :D I wish the FAQ had just told me to go here in the first place xD