Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigGayLion

Launcher Won't Install

Question

OK so, basically I downloaded the TechnicLauncher.exe from the site, and tried to start it up, a little loading circle pops up indicating that something is happening and it stops after a few seconds, then, dead silence. Not sure what happened there, tried redownloading it, nope, so I decided to look into the properties and found that it 'blocked' me, here's an example:

"This file came from another computer and may be blocked to help protect this computer" Not sure if this is helpful, I unblocked it, and still nothing.

Ran as administrator, wen't into troubleshooting, it's not even open in task manager.

If you could help that'd be wonderful, thanks!

P.S: I do have some mods in my mod folder in minecraft, should I do a clean up and get rid of that stuff?

1 answer to this question

OK so, basically I downloaded the TechnicLauncher.exe from the site, and tried to start it up, a little loading circle pops up indicating that something is happening and it stops after a few seconds, then, dead silence. Not sure what happened there, tried redownloading it, nope, so I decided to look into the properties and found that it 'blocked' me, here's an example:

"This file came from another computer and may be blocked to help protect this computer" Not sure if this is helpful, I unblocked it, and still nothing.

Ran as administrator, wen't into troubleshooting, it's not even open in task manager.

If you could help that'd be wonderful, thanks!

P.S: I do have some mods in my mod folder in minecraft, should I do a clean up and get rid of that stuff?

PS: delete them.

For the main problem:I have no idea what you have done, try whitelisting it in your firewall/antivirus

• Similar Content

• By banhidy9970
      Hi guys this is my first modpack and I cant download it becouse it fails every time.
      I use dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1a0aotywt7mfcsz/Modpack.zip?dl=0
      (I'm not sure if I set the jar up right)
      modpack link:
      https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/everything-you-love.1110282

Would appreciate if you could help me. Thanks C:
    • By Shazzer
      Ho guys. Ive been trying to install this for days. I have JDK 8 and JRE 9 and the most recent mac os java installed and have my firewall off. I then download the launcher and open the file. i then get the logo come up with the install load bar for about 1 second and then it changes to only the logo and freezes forever. Please help. Thanks
    • By Cozmmando
      My modpack used to download just fine but it seems to have stopped working recently. I used a direct link and made sure that I set everything up correctly, but whenever I try to download it the percentage bar goes into the negatives. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Here is a link to my modpack: https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/cozrpg-evolved.984365
      Thanks for the help in advance!

EDIT: It turns out that if you leave the download on for a while, the pack will eventually download. But it still shows a negative percentage, and i’m sure that has driven some users away from the pack because they thought it was broken. So does anyone know why the download bar is showing a big negative percentage?
    • By Alexzan
      Hey Guys, I have a little problem with my custom modpack. When I try to download it from the Launcher, it says: Attemping to extract file alexzanpack-1.0.zip but it did not exist. How can I fix this problem? Thanks

Modpack Download:
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4c7gnwyrqeenfl/alexzanpack-1.0.zip?dl=0
      I tried to modify zip file name, but it doesn't still work.

OLD!
    • By not007
      Hi, I wanted to make a modpack for my friends and I to play on. It's similar to the 1.7.10 pack but with some extra stuff, so I figured it should be pretty easy. i'm hosting the files off my home server, and I've confirmed that my server's not down - you can download the ZIP file for the modpack through HTTP in a web browser, however in the technic launcher the download hangs at -2147483648%.
      [here's a screencap]

does anyone know what's causing this or how to fix it? My guess would be that it's my server, though i've tried multiple hosting methods

thanks!
      also, ignore the name of the modpack, I'd made like 4 different ones to confirm that it wasn't an issue with my config or something and had run out of ideas.

edit: i forgot to mention that eventually you get
      "error downloading a file for the following pack {pack name}
      failed to download {the location of the file on my home server}
      please consult the modpack author."