Launcher Won't Install

BigGayLion

Question

OK so, basically I downloaded the TechnicLauncher.exe from the site, and tried to start it up, a little loading circle pops up indicating that something is happening and it stops after a few seconds, then, dead silence. Not sure what happened there, tried redownloading it, nope, so I decided to look into the properties and found that it 'blocked' me, here's an example:

"This file came from another computer and may be blocked to help protect this computer" Not sure if this is helpful, I unblocked it, and still nothing.

Ran as administrator, wen't into troubleshooting, it's not even open in task manager.

If you could help that'd be wonderful, thanks!

P.S: I do have some mods in my mod folder in minecraft, should I do a clean up and get rid of that stuff?

1 answer to this question

OK so, basically I downloaded the TechnicLauncher.exe from the site, and tried to start it up, a little loading circle pops up indicating that something is happening and it stops after a few seconds, then, dead silence. Not sure what happened there, tried redownloading it, nope, so I decided to look into the properties and found that it 'blocked' me, here's an example:

"This file came from another computer and may be blocked to help protect this computer" Not sure if this is helpful, I unblocked it, and still nothing.

Ran as administrator, wen't into troubleshooting, it's not even open in task manager.

If you could help that'd be wonderful, thanks!

P.S: I do have some mods in my mod folder in minecraft, should I do a clean up and get rid of that stuff?

PS: delete them.

For the main problem:I have no idea what you have done, try whitelisting it in your firewall/antivirus