Converting modpacks

jumpandshootbeef

Hi, I have recently updated my modpack to hold a bunch more mods and am transferring from map to map. However when I use MCEdit to transfer our bases from map to map the item ID's get messed up. This is what happens: I have a base with a bunch of thaumcraft items and AE2 items and stuff, and when I put that in the new map they all get converted to BiomesOP items. Is there a way for me to quote on quote freeze used item ID's so that aggresive mods don't claim them? I am using MCedit 1 because I'm not at all used to mcedit 2, anyone know if it is working in mcedit 2?

Well you could just make the id's in your new pack to match the old pack for those blocks you are transferring. It will be pain in the ass but it works 100% (So you need to use BiomesOP config and assign them another id's and edit other configs to match old pack)

Edited by E4RU

Just now, E4RU said:

Well you could just make the id's in your new pack to match the old pack for those blocks you are transferring. It will be pain in the ass but it works 100%

Well... I'd have to convert almost every item in the game, at least 1000+ ID's.... because I have so many items in my ME system... So that is unfortunately not an option

I'm thinking moment.

4 minutes ago, jumpandshootbeef said:

Well... I'd have to convert almost every item in the game, at least 1000+ ID's.... because I have so many items in my ME system... So that is unfortunately not an option

Could you send me your modpack link or at least link to your configs. Also could you tell me what modded blocks are changing?

7 minutes ago, E4RU said:

I'm thinking moment.

Could you send me your modpack link or at least link to your configs. Also could you tell me what modded blocks are changing?

modpack link:
http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/ump-henk

Once I update the world to biomes O' plenty stuff all my blocks get converted to those blocks. Here is one of the schematics:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tfmp8e9of3muyie/Henk base.schematic?dl=0

The "old" map where my base still is 'my base' has certain configuration that already existing blocks their id's don't get changed, however new maps get new id's

These mods were added:
(attachment)
And these already were in the modpack:
(attachment)

added mods.PNG

mods.PNG

Edited by jumpandshootbeef

Well remove BiomesOP? I really don't have any other idea for this. Either remove mods that cause the id's to be changed or change them manually. Also depending on your base's size i could just search free id's assign them to conflicting mods and give the other id's that were in old world to mods that need them.

Just now, E4RU said:

Well remove BiomesOP? I really don't have any other idea for this. Either remove mods that cause the id's to be changed or change them manually. Also depending on your base's size i could just search free id's assign them to conflicting mods and give the other id's that were in old world to mods that need them.

Well I could keep the old world chunks and just generate a new world around those... I guess, I'm gonna experiment more around with it, thanks for your help mate :D