Need Help with Server

Kursed

Unfortunately I can't really test the correctness of my script because I'm on Windows at the moment, just add another line with "sleep 1m" in it and retry.

If that doesn't work, I'll have to educate you on how to use the terminal (oh the fun we'll have...).

Added another line with sleep 1m in it and the same thing occurs as soon as i press run in terminal, terminal opens and close instantly..

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going home from work now, so I'll have access to a linux computer to test this and help you debug that. In the meantime, read the edit to my earlier post and try to actually do some research yourself. You're posting back way too fast to actually be trying to fix this.

Unfortunately I can't really test the correctness of my script because I'm on Windows at the moment, just add another line with "sleep 1m" in it and retry.

If that doesn't work, I'll have to educate you on how to use the terminal (oh the fun we'll have...).

Edit:

That's probably your text editor being stupid when you copy-pasted the code from here and included/didn't include the newline character. Just to be sure you're doing this correctly, the script should have 3 (or 4, depends if you do the first part of this post first) lines.

I don't quite understand what you mean by 3 lines, opening the file in a text editor I wrote what you told me to write, those three lines, as well what do you mean by the zero width character I checked between "sh" and "java" and there was no character.

Not Kursed: That wasn't Kursed. I think it's a newline. (I'm using Windows.)

1)#!/bin/sh

2)java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Hexxit.jar nogui

3)read -p "Press [Enter] key to exit"

(I think that's what funknapkin means.)

(Windows uses carriage return and new line. Linus just uses new line.)

Ok so I clicked on "hexxit.jar" and it started up similar to "minecraft_server.jar" did and I was wondering if this makes a difference, so I logged on minecraft and went into my server and it provided me with this error:

Forge Mod Loader has found ID mismatches

Complete details are in the log file

ID 116 is mismatched between world and games

You cannot connect to this server

I don't know if this makes any difference for how I can run my server, but I feel I should inform you guys just in case.

Starting Hexxit server: launch.sh or hexxit.jar in hexxit server folder. (1.0.1)

Starting Hexxit client: Start Technic Launcher, use arrows on the left side of launcher to find hexxit, hit launch button, wait, Multiplayer, etc.

(ID 116 is the vanilla enchanting table. Hexxit changes enchanting.)

Starting Hexxit server: launch.sh or hexxit.jar in hexxit server folder. (1.0.1)

Starting Hexxit client: Start Technic Launcher, use arrows to find hexxit, hit launch button, wait, Multiplayer, etc.

(ID 116 is the vanilla enchanting table.)

If your giving me instructions lol thank you, but that is exactly what I did, but the message i've written is what happens after i've entered the Multiplayer screen and entered my server

Not Kursed: That wasn't Kursed. I think it's a newline. (I'm using Windows.)

1)#!/bin/sh

2)java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Hexxit.jar nogui

3)read -p "Press [Enter] key to exit"

(I think that's what funknapkin means.)

Oh I read too fast, sorry for the confusion. And yep, that's what I meant.

Ok so I clicked on "hexxit.jar" and it started up similar to "minecraft_server.jar" did and I was wondering if this makes a difference, so I logged on minecraft and went into my server and it provided me with this error:

Forge Mod Loader has found ID mismatches

Complete details are in the log file

ID 116 is mismatched between world and games

You cannot connect to this server

I don't know if this makes any difference for how I can run my server, but I feel I should inform you guys just in case.

Using launch.sh allows you to specify command-line options such as allocated RAM, which is pretty much necessary if you plan to have more than 1 player online. Other than that, there's no difference from launching it directly using Hexxit.jar.

Unless you modified your server or client, that error shouldn't happen. Try again using a clean install for both and it should be fixed.

Oh I read too fast, sorry for the confusion. And yep, that's what I meant.

Using launch.sh allows you to specify command-line options such as allocated RAM, which is pretty much necessary if you plan to have more than 1 player online. Other than that, there's no difference from launching it directly using Hexxit.jar.

Unless you modified your server or client, that error shouldn't happen. Try again using a clean install for both and it should be fixed.

When you say use a clean install do you mean I reinstall the zip and remake the server file?

Cause if this is what you mean then I just did that and I received the exact same error..

As well I do plan on having more the 1 person on my server so does that mean I'm required to use launch.sh?

When you say use a clean install do you mean I reinstall the zip and remake the server file?

Cause if this is what you mean then I just did that and I received the exact same error..

As well I do plan on having more the 1 person on my server so does that mean I'm required to use launch.sh?

I mean that you need a clean version of Hexxit on your client and server. I suspect you accidentally broke a lot of stuff when you were messing around with the saves files earlier in this thread, so just download a clean version from Hexxit's page. I just did this as a test a few minutes ago to see if it worked and had no error, so here are roughly the steps I followed. Figure out what you broke.

1. Installed the technic launcher
  2. Installed hexxit (with 4Gb ram and increased Permgen because, why not)
  3. Downloaded the server .zip from Hexxit's page
  4. Unzipped that file to a new folder
  5. Ran 'launch.sh'
  6. Connected to server

And if you plan to have more than 1 person on your server, then the default RAM values are definitely not sufficient and you'll get a lot of lag. I could help you fix that but first you'd need to have very basic knowledge of your terminal (mostly how to get to a directory). The folks over at the Ubuntu forums made a nice thread about this.

Edit: fixed link

well the only problem seems to be is "ran 'launch.sh" I cant run launch.sh cause as I told you before I open it in terminal for a second and it instantly closes as it opened. I understand the basics of terminal I just need instructions so I know what i'm doing.

Try marking the .sh file as an executable in the properties menu for launch.sh

well you see I did that a while back because before it was a executable file it would merely open as a text editor file, so I made it executable, once I did this I open it and ran it in terminal like I said, but the same result, terminal opens for a second and closes

So basically I got my friend to follow all these instructions on a windows computer and he was successful with making a server where me and my friends played for maybe 1 to 2 hours, but a new problem appeared the problem was that after these 1 to 2 hours of playing his server all of a sudden crashed and all the mods crashed, What does this mean? and How do we fix it?

So basically I got my friend to follow all these instructions on a windows computer and he was successful with making a server where me and my friends played for maybe 1 to 2 hours, but a new problem appeared the problem was that after these 1 to 2 hours of playing his server all of a sudden crashed and all the mods crashed, What does this mean? and How do we fix it?

I'm guessing you need to destroy that one block first, then go to that folder and change that thing. That should fix that problem.

Think I wasn't specific enough? Give me actual information, then I'll be able to figure out a solution or at least give advice.

(copy-pasted from another thread)

I'm guessing you need to destroy that one block first, then go to that folder and change that thing. That should fix that problem.

Think I wasn't specific enough? Give me actual information, then I'll be able to figure out a solution or at least give advice.

(copy-pasted from another thread)

Well what I am saying is after those 1 to 2 hours the server crashed we all got kicked out and received a pop up, I forgot what it said.. When we went back into the server the items from the hexxit mod disappeared, and basically the variety of mods that come from the mod pack Hexxit all stopped working, I cant really describe it, server crashed and then everything stopped working.

Well what I am saying is after those 1 to 2 hours the server crashed we all got kicked out and received a pop up, I forgot what it said.. When we went back into the server the items from the hexxit mod disappeared, and basically the variety of mods that come from the mod pack Hexxit all stopped working, I cant really describe it, server crashed and then everything stopped working.

Well then go to that folder, edit that file and click that button.

Really, unless you provide more information, we can't help you. "It crashed and stopped working" isn't information. For all I know, your computer could be on fire.

• 1 month later...

I am having a similar problem. Only instead of on Hexxit, I am encountering it on both BIG DIG and TEKKIT (the tekkit with the space ships) Also I am using Windows

When I did these steps exactly, it seems my big dig server allows me to place my tinker table.

For this example I will be referencing Big Dig

Here is what I have done.

Step 1: Download The Big Dig server client (from here: http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/servers/bigdig/BigDigServer-v1.3.9.zip)

Step 2: Created a new folder on desktop to host my server files (Desktop\BIG DIG

Step 3: Unextracted zip file to DESKTOP\BIG DIG

Step 4: Open 'server' properties in note pad

Step 5: Set my "server-ip" to my laptop's IP address (Which I have confirmed via the command prompt and ipconfig)

Step 6: Saved new properties

Step 7: Opened "Launch.bat" in notepad. This contained

java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar BigDig.jar nogui

pause

Step 8: Ran "launch.bat"

Step 9: Waited for batch file to download files

Step 10: Opened up Big Dig

Step 11: /op [insert username here]

Step 12: Gave self tinker table

Step 13: Placed it down onto map

Step 14: Suddenly see tinker table not disappearing.

• 6 months later...