Hello Technic Forum,
This is my first time posting on a forum. But I'll get straight to my problem. I am making a custom modpack an a corresponding server with it. I noticed that my server was using quite a lot of RAM. But that is something I fixed with some Java Arguments. But that's not why I am here. My problem is when I go in a world, I experience some micro frame rate drops. And now there are few options:
1. My computer isn't strong enough to run it.
2. My Minecraft settings are set wrong.
3. I don't have the latest version of Java.
My answers would be:
1. My computer is definitely strong enough to handle Minecraft. Because I run programs like Cinema4d, Adobe Photoshop and FTB Direwolf20 1.6.4 at the same time with out any problem.
2. I tested with a lot of different settings, from Ultra high to Ultra low. And yes it improves the quality on Ultra Low, but it is still there.
3. I have a the latest JDK version of Java: JDK 7u60 (also checked that there is only one version installed).
So I think I will have to set some Java arguments containing permsize and such. On FTB that is easily fixed by going into options and set some Java arguments. But on Technic that is currently something else. I researched it on how to to it, but I haven't found some good documentation about it. So if you are able to point me to a good explanation on how to use the version.json file. Or you can explain to me how to set the java arguments into it. Then that would be awesome and great.
Ps. I would wanna ask you not to ask for the link of the modpack, I don't wanna be mean or anything. But it is hidden currently for a reason.