Laser Drill Precharger Question

FalseTetrabyte

Has anyone ever seen a situation where they aren't craftable, even when they're not explicitly denied in a permissions module?  

I manage a Tekkit server for a site and we've got a user with OP powers that can't craft them.  The drill head piece itself is craftable just fine, but the precharger just won't craft at all.  

I did some search on the forums here and on other tekkit sites, including the wiki and I'm coming up empty.  Any thoughts?  

We've got WorldEdit/Guard and Essentials installed, but I don't see anything in the files that says it's a blocked item per se. (and we're OK with our users having access to them) 

Tell him to recheck the recipe. Some ingredients are used in both the prechargers and in the actual drill, but in subtly different positions. I once needed ten minutes to figure out why mine wouldn't craft, and I simply had mixed up placement on two ingredients.

If unsure, shift-clicking the question mark icon next to the recipe in NEI will transfer the recipe directly to a compatible crafting area if it's opened. Only if the problem persists after doing that, you should look into possible technical causes. Which would be a client-side modpack reset for that user.

Keep in mind also that items that look identical, but have a different damage value than the recipe, will fail to work in a lot of those MFR recipes. Ie: item id 1 is used, but you have 1:5 instead of i "1" (1:0, more precisely) and thus it fails because the metadata values dont match up even though theyre more or less the same.