I can't delete my .techniclauncher folder!!!

Darkdefender

Question

9 answers to this question

• Forum Administrators

As you may have read in the title I can't delete the .techniclauncher folder which was made...I deleted everything in and out of it about the technic pack and STILL can't delete it!:( (I wish it was just the normal non buggy mod chooser and not this launcher..)Help me please!

Quit doing this weird under-handed bitching about the launcher. If you don't like it, you are free to install the mods yourself, we are never doing it the old installer way again.

The reason you can't delete the folder is because it is still in use. As someone suggested, restarting your computer will take care of this.

On 5/16/2014 at 9:12 PM, cubbymac2001 said:

my friend is having a similar issue. the assets folder seems to freeze when trying to delete it, weve restarted a bunch and tried in safe mode same thing happens. any help would be appreciated, doesnt seem like a common issue.

i have this issue as well, i know this is a post from 5 years ago but i can't play anymore because of it. I also tried to delete the whole technich folder i made to save the modpacks but the same happends when trying to delete that. And if i'm trying to go in, for example, my mods folder from the tekxit 3 official 1.12.2 modpack, i get this error: "D"\Technic\modpacks\tekxit-3-official-1122\mods is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

If someone knows how to fix this please help.

On 2/21/2012 at 2:12 AM, KakerMix said:

Quit doing this weird under-handed bitching about the launcher. If you don't like it, you are free to install the mods yourself, we are never doing it the old installer way again.

The reason you can't delete the folder is because it is still in use. As someone suggested, restarting your computer will take care of this.

When you have important stuff on your computer (unlike you) you don’t want to have an app which is undeletable + has access to your computer. Maybe you are a stupid 11 year old, so learn that some people use their computers not just for playing Minecraft