How to install new modpacks on Launcher v2?

Roversword

Hi all

Sorry, I didn't want to open a tracker ticket right away...for something I just might be too stupid to notice, but...

HOW can I add a new modpack to the launcher v2? I do not see a button or anything.

In v1 it was a "plus" which said "add pack" (or something along those lines). In v2 I do not see anything.

Thanks for your help.

Okay, now that the Technic site has stabilized, I can now deliver an actual answer. To install a modpack, you find it on the site, (Discover -> Browse Modpacks) choose one, and click "Install this Modpack" on the right side (above the Modpack Information panel.) I usually did that with the launcher open, and the modpack immediately showed up and could be installed.

If that doesn't work, I think you can copy the platform URL and paste it in the text field above your list of modpacks in the launcher.

Hi there

Thank you for the answer.

I was searching for something along the lines of v1 (a button) and was not aware that it should be done automagically when I press the "install the modpack" on the website (while the launcher is open).

Of course I was aware that the website was a little shaky during the time I tried, however, not knowing that installing a new modpack to my launcher was so extremely interconnected with the website was expecting a button :)

Thanks, I will give it a try now.

Okay, it somehow worked (it took ages after clicking "install this modpack" on the website until it showed up on the launcher).

This might need to get fixed as people might not be as patient.

Downloading (which actually should have nothing to do with the launcher and the technic-website) takes ages as well (starting it, not the download itself once it started)...

• 3 weeks later...