Application to Resolve ID Conflicts?

HalestormXV

Alright so maybe someone has some tips they can share? How do any of you guys effectively and efficiently resolve your ID conflicts? I am mainly talking about 1.6.4 and below. I mean yes there are the NEI Datadumps and yes there is the ForgeID conflict list that gets printed out. But even those don't catch everything all the time. And yes I know of course manually going through it line by line is by far the most effective. But what do you all do to catch those IDs that conflict on startup but don't necessarily cause the server to cease function or crash but just kind of sit there an exist while people are just on your server playing normally. 

I am sure there is some type of application or program or basic parsing system that people with the massive servers that have 100+ mods on it use no? I am sure not all of them sift through 100s of Mod's config folder manually to find each one (although I am sure some do or have teams that do it also). Hints, Tips, Advise?

• Discord Moderator

There are things like IDFixMinus which helps to resolve conflicts and is intended to be used and then removed. However, none of the solutions are perfect. There is no substitite for searching through the ForgeModLoader-client-0.log file for CONFLICT and resolving things. It's not that hard and only takes a few minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

I have used IDFixMinus, Beware. It won't just change your conflicting ID's it will change other id's that it believes to be conflicting. It also runs on start of the server/client and provides a Id list in the server/client root folder. I have also found that it will not fix conflicting ID's if there are 2 mods that use the same ID and both mods configs don't have a way to change the ID's.

I have not found a solution to this.

It is a very good mod to use, but if you use it on a server, you'll have to update possibly many client config files.