How long does it take to register changes to a modpack?

Mittins001

I'm having an issue where I put in the wrong dropbox link (had to use the dropbox link fix ?dl=0 to ?dl=1) into the modpack when I created it, but after I changed it, technic launcher won't recognize that the link has changed. This is really frustrating. I waited overnight for technic to update the modpack I created and then found out again in the morning (it worked for downloading now) after all that I put in the wrong file. I'm trying to do testing now and I can't get it to download from the most recent link. I don't see any way around this except for creating a new mod pack. Is this a known issue or is it just me? Why does it take so long to register changes to a modpack? I searched for answers before posting this, but I couldn't find anything on the topic.

I'm having an issue where I put in the wrong dropbox link (had to use the dropbox link fix ?dl=0 to ?dl=1) into the modpack when I created it, but after I changed it, technic launcher won't recognize that the link has changed. This is really frustrating. I waited overnight for technic to update the modpack I created and then found out again in the morning (it worked for downloading now) after all that I put in the wrong file. I'm trying to do testing now and I can't get it to download from the most recent link. I don't see any way around this except for creating a new mod pack. Is this a known issue or is it just me? Why does it take so long to register changes to a modpack? I searched for answers before posting this, but I couldn't find anything on the topic.

Reading the forums to see if others have problems like you is always a good stead. That being said, however, in the hundreds of posts with people having mod packs problems one continues to be ignored. you MUST change your version number of your mod pack if you make any changes to it or the launcher will not recognize the change.

Please update the version number of your pack and try again.

Thanks

The reason to this, is that the technic platform Caches everything for better site loading times. therefore what you change may take some time to update.

Ok, thank you. I went about it by closing the launcher, deleting the modpack and readding but that didn't do anything either. I have it working now, just have to figure out the other issues with my mods :P

Please start a new thread and use pastebin for log files and we'll do our best to help you.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same original problem.  When I attempt to post a new version, as I am building out the pack testing each mod individually - as recommended by many posters on this site, the updated version is simply not available in Technic Launcher.  Sometimes it does, but usually no.  Maybe I just need to wait a really long time, and the update will finally post?  

Out of frustration many times I find the only option is to delete the pack and create a new one.  But that locks the original pack name - not great either.

What gives?