Solder: where is the dashboard?

Roversword

Hi all

So far I found several guides on how to install solder (using nginx and apache):

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

https://github.com/TechnicPack/TechnicSolder/wiki/Getting-Started

However, I kind of end up at the very same place:

Once I use my FQDN I can connect to my webserver and then I guess index.php of my technicsolder is being processed which in turns then tries to forward me to a /dashboard.

However, this dashboard does not exist (I can not find a file or directory under public by this name).

Same happens with nginx, so it is not really an apache issue.

The file info.php (which provides me with php information) works fine out of public directory of technicsolder....

Anyone an idea what I might be missig here?

Thanks

Hi plowmanplow

That worked...now that begs the question why that happens and which part of nginx, apache or solder I misconfiguered for this to happen.

Now I see a login, however, after login I see an exception handler.

Hard to tell if this is because a path is not yet set right (which I would assume considering the circumstances) or if something else is amiss...

Hi plowmanplow

That worked...now that begs the question why that happens and which part of nginx, apache or solder I misconfiguered for this to happen.

Now I see a login, however, after login I see an exception handler.

Hard to tell if this is because a path is not yet set right (which I would assume considering the circumstances) or if something else is amiss...

The reason this happens is a miscode in a certain file. Open up wherever solder is installed but not it's publicly accessible folder. in my case /var/www/html/public is the publicly accessible portion whereas /var/www/html is my solder install itself. So for my example, open up /var/www/html/app/routes.php. You'll see a line like this: return Redirect::to('/dashboard'); ... Change that line to read: return Redirect::to('index.php/dashboard'); and just to be safe, restart apache. Voila! Now there's no need to manually type in /index.php after your FQDN.

• Discord Moderator

Keep in mind that Solder uses .htaccess files to change the way the web server behaves inside the application folders. The web server needs to be configured to AllowOverride for all directives by .htaccess files. If you are getting "page not found" errors when going to URLs without /index.php then you most likely don't have this configured correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi plowmanplow

Yap, you are right...didn't see there are .htaccess files.

However, there seems to be still an issue.

Allowedoverride All

for my whole technicsolder directory (incl. app and public subfolder), restarted, but still no dashboard.

Guess back to the drawing board. And here I thought I know apache...