can not assing a keyboard button for vanila zoom and vanila sprint

WildWolve

Hello community

first of all ... sorry for my bad english, if i write something wrong or wierd

i have a problem, as i start to discover the tekkit modpack

like everytime start playing with a new modpack, i checked in the options which buttons are assigned for what funktion. this time i realized, in the list are missing the function for vanila Zoom and vanila sprint. means = i can not asign any button for this 2 functions. zoom is not the big deal but sprint is a really problem in survival mod.

at the moment i can only sprint by fast pushing two times the key "w" ( move forward) ... but when i try this my char stopped move forward and very often my char still not running, even if i do this doubblepushing w

it is fatal, if i don't have any armor and have to run from a group of monsters at nighttime

i hope some one know this problem and can help me

I am not aware of any zoom function in vanilla. As for sprinting, you need to double-tap-hold the forward button to do it, as you described yourself. It won't work if your hunger bar is below a certain threshold, and the hunger bar will also decrease quickly if you keep running. Bumping into objects cancels the run and you need to start again. Running along narrow corridors can be tricky, because you will bump into the walls sooner or later unless you keep your sight strictly focused in the middle.

i know the thing with the doubble tab hold the forward button.

right know i'm on twitch and look a germen speech let's player, who told me he could set a key for vanilla sprint  ... i don't understand why i can not. i don't understand why this function is not in the key-set list. o_O

Well, no, I mean the button binding. I'm pretty sure either the Quantum Boots or Quantum Legs (can't remember which) had a sprint function that would make you run insanely fast if you held down the key it was bound to.

But normal sprinting just would've still been double-tap forward.

I dimly remember having seen a sprint button around the time I first played modded Minecraft (and also a zoom button, for that matter). I'm pretty certain that this had been added by a mod, no idea which one. Might even have been old Technic/Tekkit, when there was still a distinction between singleplayer and multiplayer modpacks. Yes, that long ago.

Now that Mojang has added it in Minecraft 1.7, I see no reason to harp on about how it's not here in 1.6.4. It will be there in any 1.7-based pack you pick.

Edited by Curunir

well Curunir i tryed some other packs, i found in the downloadsection. A few of them had really good ideas and they would have given fun to play and they was with later versions of minecraft ... 1.7.4 or 1.7.10
but there are so many bugs or the game was lagging so hardly, that i was loosing fun by playing the modpack. the problem can only result at the modpack i have a really new PC with more than enough performance to run that. Tekkit and tekkit lite are the only both how run mostly as wished

*sigh* well thats too bad -_-

would be great if a tekkit version or a tekkit lite version for Minecraft 1.8 will come out for download

i can't remember with which MC version i startet to play o_o

thank you anyway guys

First off, the only download you are getting around here is the launcher, which handles installing and starting modpacks.

Trying out modpacks randomly always bears a few risks. Many people just start off making their own packs without much knowledge and pick things up as they go, improving over time (and so will their packs, hopefully).The Technic Launcher is open for everybody in that regard, so bear in mind that some of these packs are going to be lousy. That's freedom.

If you want to avoid any pitfalls, you can stick to official packs, which are held to somewhat higher than minimum standards. As the launcher itself had priority so far, the official packs are all a bit late to the 1.7 party, but new Hexxit will be available soon, with Tekkit bound to follow.

As far as I know, all worldgen objects are created once and then stay that way, unless players interact with them. Notable exceptions: Endermen picking up blocks, Creepers and the Wither blowing things up. And that's about it.

Besides, Tekkit Lite is ancient. Go play something from this century.

Besides, Tekkit Lite is ancient. Go play something from this century.

Some people are still stuck in the Classic days. Hell, I've seen people requesting downloads of packs from Minecraft 1.1 all the way back to versions from Minecraft Beta, when Technic first went public just over three and a half years ago.

Living in the familiar of the past, missing out on the beauty of the now and ignoring the wonders of the future. Such is nostalgia.

In any case, I'm still fairly certain that sprint key in Tekkit Lite would have been part of IC2, but I don't know. To be honest, I never really played that much of Lite myself; it felt more like some kind of odd transition ttype thing, trying to be an updated Classic but not quite. I just ended up sticking to Classic/Technic SSP and then playing Big Dig when that came out during the 1.4.x era.

I quite agree with that notion, but couldn't be bothered to type more than that one-liner. Nostalgic players or those with huge investments are of course welcome to stay on Classic as long their hearts tell them to. But Lite is not really a place of nostalgia, but more of a compromise that never really worked, in my opinion.