My Launcher won't launch 1.7.10 packs

TheMonk126

Made a new modpack for me and my friends on 1.7.10 version of MC. The pack it self should be perfectly fine I've made others in the past with no problem but for some reason it won't launch this pack. It just starts the packs closes the Minecraft window and returns back to the launcher. Anyone have any idea of what this might be?? Here is the pack http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/web-spinner-10-million.586678

• Discord Moderator

This belongs in Platform Pagoda. Hopefully an admin will move it.

Read this post on getting mods:

Pretty much all your mods are "bad". They all need replaced with the actual mods from the mod author's preferred distribution channels.

This belongs in Platform Pagoda. Hopefully an admin will move it.

Read this post on getting mods:

Pretty much all your mods are "bad". They all need replaced with the actual mods from the mod author's preferred distribution channels.

Your 100% sure thats why? I kept thinking it might be an Issue with my Java version or something.

• Discord Moderator

Yes, I'm quite sure:

• You have many "installers" for mods instead of the actual mod files. Nearly no authors distribute their mods that way. They are just JAR files you drop into the /mods/ folder. If you are seeing installers you are getting the mods from some shady, likely risky, content-stealing website.
  • The mods which are JAR files are named with just "1.7.10" in the file name instead of the mod version number and named as the original mod author named them. Same issue as the first bullet point.
  • The mods which are named correctly are ancient (i.e. buildcraft-5.0.7.jar when the current version is 6.3.4, and ProjectRed).