So, ThaumCraft and IC2 are incompatible with the latest forge?

LazDude2012

As in the title. I've been trying to scrape my personal modpack out of the ruins, and used the latest Forge build, # 155 or some such. And apparently, not only is Steve's Carts incompatible (which I can deal with, i mean, I don't need turret carts) but so are ThaumCraft and IC2. I really love ThaumCraft, and IC2 is just boss. So does anyone have a suggestion?

Ok, question.

What exactly are you looking for? One of the technic team to go over to the IC2 forum for you and demand Alblaka puts out a new version that is compatible?

Go ask on the Thaumcraft, IC2, and Forge forums and/or MCforums threads. This has nothing to do with technic, only the authors of the respective mods can do anything about it.

I wasn't really looking for action, just recommendation. I just thought you guys might have some insight into how these things work, maybe a recommendation. I switched to a lower version of Forge, but I was really looking forward to the integrated 4096 fix. Oh well...

I wasn't really looking for action, just recommendation. I just thought you guys might have some insight into how these things work, maybe a recommendation. I switched to a lower version of Forge, but I was really looking forward to the integrated 4096 fix. Oh well...

I'm running all three of these with (I think) Build 152. What exactly isn't working?

If the mods don't support something then you would have to decompile them, fix the code somehow (might be a whole rewrite of some system), and recompile them yourself. You would have to do this with every update.

If you didn't know that already, chances are you don't have the skills to do it correctly and it'll just cause you hours and hours of frustration.

Thanks, saintnicster. IC2 seems to have some sort of exception with FML, at ModLoader.AddArmor(). The Thaum one scrolled by so quickly I didn't spot it.

EDIT: Neowulf, all I'm trying to figure out is if this is a problem on my end or if it's actual mod incompatibilities. Sorry if I have offended you or whatever...

Thanks, saintnicster. IC2 seems to have some sort of exception with FML, at ModLoader.AddArmor(). The Thaum one scrolled by so quickly I didn't spot it.

EDIT: Neowulf, all I'm trying to figure out is if this is a problem on my end or if it's actual mod incompatibilities. Sorry if I have offended you or whatever...

When I get home, I'll send my mod list details. I mainly use direwolf20's config pack instead of directly using technic (these days)

Mod List

Loaded up DW's latest save and noticed a couple of things

* AdditionalBuildcraftObjects is derping a call to a non-public Modloader method (Modloader.setupProperties). This happens on game load, but is just skipped over.

* Getting a couple of non-fatal NullPointerExceptions when loading Dire's overworld. All the pipes look to be there correctly, so I'm not sure what else could be going on.

* DoggyTalents is calling a new Exception().printStackTrace() in its "setWolfAngry" method. No clue why it would do that, as the code appears ok (viewed through JD-GUI)