Question about downgrading

Hello everybody,

I have been playing Technic and Tekkit for a while, and recently decided to host a little server for myself and some friends. We've been playing on that server for about a week, but there is one issue.

I noticed that the electrical engine was missing. As I found out, this is because the forrestry mod is not included in Tekkit 3.0.3.

I was wondering: is it possible to redownload the older versions of the launcher, and thus the older versions of the Technic and Tekkit mods? If yes, how? And which version should I get that includes the forestry mod?

Thanks in advance!

The old version of the server is at the bottom of the Tekkit page. Just have your clients wipe their Tekkit install and use 2.1.0 from the launcher (select "Manual Build Selection" or whatever it's called). Fair warning: I'm pretty sure this will stop being supported soon, so save the files. Also, you can either add Forestry back into Tekkit 3 if you know what you're doing, or use Energy Links and Power Converters in place of electric engines.

Alright, thank you, we'll try that next week. Does anybody know why the forrestry mod was taken out?

Because the dev doesn't like Tekkit. He put a virus in the mod so that it corrupts the world whenever the mod is used with the Technic Launcher. He's a total ass. XD

Not quite, Sengir was unhappy with the Technic pack using his mod without his permission. Rather than calmly discussing this with the Technic crew, he placed code into the mod that caused several of the machines to cease working, and several new strains of bees that exploded when you were near them.

If the server is just you and some friends, you should be able to install Forestry manually. Just make sure you install the correct version to both Server and Client.

Not quite, Sengir was unhappy with the Technic pack using his mod without his permission. Rather than calmly discussing this with the Technic crew, he placed code into the mod that caused several of the machines to cease working, and several new strains of bees that exploded when you were near them.

If the server is just you and some friends, you should be able to install Forestry manually. Just make sure you install the correct version to both Server and Client.

I would like to know why he has a problem with Tekkit. Did he ever post his reasoning? If I were a dev I would be so grandly honored to have my work included in one of the most popular mod packs, if not THE most popular mod pack. Either way he sucks horse. I miss Forestry and my infinite income of bread.

Everybody, thanks! I ended up using the Energy Link, it works fine!

I just noticed I can't access my own server anymore... should I start a new thread?

Nope. Notch broke the auth servers again. Nobody can go on any servers... except those filthy pirates running on filthy hell-bound cracked servers.