How to install Tekkit?

Ieldra

Thank you /sarcasm. How about I'm trying try to install a Tekkit Server for the first time and don't know where the files "need to be" nor how the old servers were installed?

Why do you think I'm asking the question?

Umm dude u will prabably get banned now. hate to say this but moderators here are like dictators

Thank you /sarcasm. How about I'm trying try to install a Tekkit Server for the first time and don't know where the files "need to be" nor how the old servers were installed?

Why do you think I'm asking the question?

Maybe you should give us more details. You mentioned FTP. So is someone hosting your server? If so, then use their directions on how to install mods. I use Beastnode. I had to upload the Tekkit Server.zip onto my server and rename the Tekkit.jar.

I'll be trying to install Tekkit on a server rented from a hosting service. Using my ftp client, I can see the usual Bukkit directory structure. Hmm....it appears I can just copy the folders everywhere and overwrite everything. The launch.bat should start the correct jar file with no need to rename the old jar.

I just hope I have the write permissions I need on that server. I'll have to look if there's a different upload mechanism in the web interface.

Ok

First depending on your server host you need to find the root directory. This is usually the area that contains the "minecraft_server.jar" file along with but not always the folders "mod", "plugins", etc.

extract the tekkit 2.0 archive to a folder on your PC and edit the server.properties file (using notepad or a word editor) to your liking.

Make sure your server is off and not running, depending on your host there will usually be an option to stop your server.

Now ftp to the server and copy all the files excluding the launch.bat file to your minecraft root.

with some hosts you will need to rename the "tekkit.jar" file to "minecraft_server.jar" or to whatever they have called the server .jar file.

in some cases you might not want to copy the server.properties file over as this will change your setting and instead use the one already on the server (might need a little editing).

once all the files have been copied and you have configured to your liking, start the server and all the necessary files will be created and you should be good to go.

you might also want to reset your world so that all the new blocks can be added. You can usually find the option on most hosts to reset the world but if not you can stop the server, delete the world folder and restart your server which should generate a new world.

hope this helps.