ComputerCraft Disk drives - known working?

Hello,

Tekkit SMP 3.0.4.

I was dabbling around with ComputerCraft this evening and it seems that disk drives don't work. I can place them and put a disk in one, or the FOURTH "bootloader", but nothing seems to happen. The computer only has a "rom" folder, and "drive" reports back only "hdd".

I did make sure I'm not confusing the RedPower drive/disk with this one.

Can anyone confirm for me if this is known to work or not to work, so I know if I'm doing something wrong or a bug report is appropriate?

I did look in mod_ComputerCraft.cfg and found that diskItemID=4000, though that's not a valid block ID currently. Floppies for ComputerCraft appear to be 1333, so I adjusted it as such but no change. I admit that this is me guessing and I have no idea if that's even the same thing.

... along possibly similar lines I often see this when I use the CTRL-R key command:

02:05:51 [iNFO] org.luaj.vm2.LuaError: bios:377: Too long without yielding

02:05:51 [iNFO] stack traceback:

When this happens I have to destroy the computer or use CTRL-S to get it moving again.

The CC disk drive is just like the computer so it is not difficult to distinguish the CC drive from the RP2 drive. The FORTH boot disk is required to get the RP2 computer working, the CC computer just needs you to start giving it programs. The CC wiki is a good place for help.

You also should not go messing around with the config files.

The CC disk drive is just like the computer so it is not difficult to distinguish the CC drive from the RP2 drive. The FORTH boot disk is required to get the RP2 computer working, the CC computer just needs you to start giving it programs. The CC wiki is a good place for help.

You also should not go messing around with the config files.

I appreciate the warning about the config files, but I'm perfectly prepared to have the server explode should I mangle something. ;)

So, it was my understanding that attaching the disk drive and inserting a floppy should cause a /disk directory to show up. This isn't happening.

It's no big deal, I wrote some http API stuff so I can simply run a launcher script I dropped in the lua/rom/programs directory to download what I want from my webserver on demand. If anything I prefer this, as I can keep that code in git or svn etc.

EDIT: just found the Peripheral API, when I get a chance I'll fiddle around with this and see if it's actually even being seen.

Craft a disk with a bit of redstone dust above a piece of paper. That is the correct disk to use.

And remember any changes you make to the server config have to be mirrored on all clients. That's the beauty of tekkit, kaker and the team have already done all the config needed to get it working and provide you both the client and server with identical configs.

• 2 weeks later...