Land Protection

KapteeniEero

Question

9 answers to this question

I'll talk to a friend of mine. He made a world guard add on that allows players to protect their own regions. It can also hook into any economy plugin to automatically charge them when they protect things (it won't allow them to go into negatives)

He's made a few plugins to help server admins have an easier job, but hasn't published them

So far it's looking like he doesn't want to release them. I'll keep trying, but he's a very stubborn man.

He's also tried releasing one in the past, only to be hit hard by people accusing him of stealing the plugin from someone, but to date I've not seen anything like the ones he's made, plus I know for a fact he's made them.

The only thing I've been able to come up with on my server is to put the spawn in an entirely different world, then deny everyone build rights in that world via modifyworld.jar. However that has a dependency on PEX so if you don't want to use that you're out of luck.

We are also usig towny, with PEX. I cant say if its the best option or not, but its working great for us.

If using towny, reading the configs is real important, as towny kinda provides a dupebug with the basic setup. Pex, with modifyworld is also an awesome tool to stop more of the bugged out items, that can bypass townyprotection. If you arent familiar with the plugins, it wont be easy to do, but when u get the hang of it, its awesome.

Ill see if i cant make some Towny/Pex related post about what config we are using at a later stage, or just some basic configs for other servers to get started with. I guess most servers want to have a working protection going, and most of them requires some setup to work.