Just wondering..

Matthew2D

Hey, I was just wondering, and I guess this is kind of On-topic.

I have seen multiple Xenforo sites who allowed to directly embed videos from hosting sites (Youtube etc..). I wanted to know if this feature was absent from Technic forums for a particular reason, or if it could be added in the future. I don't know if it would be a lot of work to add this, and of course, if you don't want to add it, I won't say anything about it. :D

• Forum Administrators

Hey, I was just wondering, and I guess this is kind of On-topic.

I have seen multiple Xenforo sites who allowed to directly embed videos from hosting sites (Youtube etc..). I wanted to know if this feature was absent from Technic forums for a particular reason, or if it could be added in the future. I don't know if it would be a lot of work to add this, and of course, if you don't want to add it, I won't say anything about it. :D

We have it disabled for a reason. Youtube videos add tremendously to page load time. No reason for it. Just link to the video.

We have it disabled for a reason. Youtube videos add tremendously to page load time. No reason for it. Just link to the video.

My brain physically choked while I was reading the second sentence :D

I understand, I never really noticed it, but I have a fairly good connection, so I guess it could be a problem for other users. Thanks for answering.