Friend can't join server

im having a problem my freaind cant join my tekkit server and idk why the error msg says "connection timed out" or "cant reach server" I have 6G of ram and i alocated 1G - 512M from the server luncher when he tryes to connect the server IS on and i can connect to it.

He has java 7 so why cant he connect?

im having a problem my freaind cant join my tekkit server and idk why the error msg says "connection timed out" or "cant reach server" I have 6G of ram and i alocated 1G - 512M from the server luncher when he tryes to connect the server IS on and i can connect to it.

He has java 7 so why cant he connect?

Did you port forward?

ok i changed the ip but now i cant connect to my own server!

What do you mean by changed the ip? in the server.properties? if you changed it in server.properties remove it, if you changed it in your server list and cant connect to that ip you port forwarded wrong. Go to portforward.com choose your router, skip the ad via the button in the top right, choose minecraft and follow the instructions and refresh the server list if that doesnt work wait a few minutes incase the router needs to update and try again.

What do you mean by changed the ip? in the server.properties? if you changed it in server.properties remove it, if you changed it in your server list and cant connect to that ip you port forwarded wrong. Go to portforward.com choose your router, skip the ad via the button in the top right, choose minecraft and follow the instructions and refresh the server list if that doesnt work wait a few minutes incase the router needs to update and try again.

i mean that i changed the the server adress in the new one

my router isnt listed its a WNDR3700v2 on portfoward

Just get hamachi here.

Both of you have to get it, create a server on the machine youre hosting it on and have your friend connect and use your external ip. You can use the local ip (192.168.x.x one)

am i doing this wrong or something i did everything why wont it work http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ says "Port 25565 is closed on 70.186.XXX.XXX"

This is clearly the tekkit version of who's on first.

One thing that might be happening is the port could be blocked by something else. If you've got it forwarded on your router, you also have to make sure any software firewall is allowing it. Furthermore, depending on where your server is hosted, the ISP may be blocking that port for whatever reason. One example is that most ISP's block port 21, which I think is the FTP port, to prevent their customers from turning into FTP servers.

Hamachi would alleviate the problem you're having, like Sandwich is suggesting. It creates a virtual LAN over the internet. So you and your friend would get Hamachi, install it, and you would make the virtual LAN that he would be able to join. From there it's just a matter of joining like if it were over your personal network.

This is clearly the tekkit version of who's on first.

One thing that might be happening is the port could be blocked by something else. If you've got it forwarded on your router, you also have to make sure any software firewall is allowing it. Furthermore, depending on where your server is hosted, the ISP may be blocking that port for whatever reason. One example is that most ISP's block port 21, which I think is the FTP port, to prevent their customers from turning into FTP servers.

Hamachi would alleviate the problem you're having, like Sandwich is suggesting. It creates a virtual LAN over the internet. So you and your friend would get Hamachi, install it, and you would make the virtual LAN that he would be able to join. From there it's just a matter of joining like if it were over your personal network.

is hamach safe tho?