Tekkit texture pack?

Vob

hi there!

I've come back to minecraft to play tekkit, and I recently downloaded the technic launcher thing. But when I load it up, i still have the normal boring minecraft texture pack.

How can I change the texture pack to look like Duncan's one from Tekkit with Duncan in his videos?

Thanks in advance

The texture pack that Duncan uses is called SphaxBDCraft and can be found on the minecraft forums. You will need to download the base texture pack first and then download the user created tekkit add-on. When you have downloaded the add-on, use winrar or some other program to merge the two folders and place the shiny new combined folder into the texture pack folder under C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\tekkit

The texture pack that Duncan uses is called SphaxBDCraft and can be found on the minecraft forums. You will need to download the base texture pack first and then download the user created tekkit add-on. When you have downloaded the add-on, use winrar or some other program to merge the two folders and place the shiny new combined folder into the texture pack folder under C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\tekkit

1. Sphax has its own website: http://bdcraft.net/

2. You only need to combine packs if you're building your own full texture pack (base+addons for each mod; all available on the forums of bdcraft.net).

3. Technic boards have a specific board for texture packs ( http://forums.technicpack.net/forums/scribble-parlour.45/ ) including a user-created pack from Sphax PureBDcraft x128 and a downsampled x64 for Technic and Tekkit. If you install other mods, go on the BDcraft.net forums and install addons for those other mods.

Thanks for the clarification Yuriy, for some reason the BD craft site wasn't loading for me so I was unsure if it still existed, turns out I just lost connectivity (staying at a cabin with really bad connection). As for the necessity of combining, I only mentioned this for clarity and to reinforce the point that there isn't an "official" tekkit pack, you need to find the bits and pieces (or use the one you kindly linked that has already been compiled).

Understood. I clarified it because I didn't want the OP (or anyone else) starting a ton of threads on this forum when they combine addons into the pack and it doesn't work. Before the Technic7 PureBDcraft on the forums came around, I created my own several weeks prior...it took me about 1-2 weeks of attempts to learn just how to combine the addons and finally create a functional texture pack using the resources I could find.

In short, as much as I encourage people to learn to do this stuff for themselves, I know that pushing people to combine there own packs when one is available will just cause many more threads with simple questions clogging the forums, do you understand what I mean?

Just head on over here for the one Duncan uses, all pre-combined. It has a few missing textures or glitches, but it's almost all up-to-date and it is updated as things go along. There are 64x and 128x versions, and I believe Duncan uses either 128x or 256x (There really isn't that big a difference except in FPS).

• 5 weeks later...

Is there any way to create a texture pack for this? I have wanted to create my own tp for mc, but now i HAVE to create one for tekkit now that i have my tekkit server running.

So is there any way to create a tp for tekkit? (preforably 16x, 32x, or 64x)

Dude, did you even go through my link above to the TP forum on this website? Someone already compiled a TP for Tekkit if you're trying to use Sphax.

If you're trying to create another one, go and make it.