How Do I Take Fuel Out Of A Tank?

I've got an Oil Refinery and it is coming in with fuel. I want to power some combustion engines, but do I just get some waterproof pipes and put it against the engine, or is there a way to manually take it out? And will it work in a steam engine?

Are you piping the fuel into tanks or just intending to pipe it directly from the refinery? Either way, put wooden waterproof pipes from what you're trying to draw the fuel out of, if you're piping directly from the refinery, make sure it's lined up with the fuel end, power them with a redstone engine or whatnot and hook it up to the combustion engine via cobble/stone/iron/gold/teleport pipes. I don't believe fuel works in a steam engine, although you can use a bucket on a tank that has fuel in it to take it out and transport it manually, though that's incredibly tedious.

• 2 months later...

Alright, for getting lava or whatever out of tanks, set up a Wooden Waterproof Pipe so it directly touches the tank, then from there put cobble piping or whatever you want to use. Attach a redstone engine to the Wooden pipe, apply current, and it will start to pump it out. As for an automated system on the steam engines, this is where it gets a little more difficult. Get a chest, put a filter on it, put a timer next to it. Then, set up pneumatic tubes from the filter to the steam engines, and back to the other end of the chest. Set the filter to put out like 16 every 10 seconds. For more bonus points, use an energy condenser for the chest, and have a quarry feed into it creating charcole. You can use diamond pipes to separate diamonds and everything else you want to keep from going into the condenser. Good luck!!