Why don't add Logistics Pipes?

Marsh

Logistics pipes are not SMP compatible yet. THere's an unofficial version that came out a couple of days ago, but I doubt we'll see an update to tekkit any time soon. THere are LOTS of changes in the works, and they JUST rolled out a stable version. Learn to use the mods that are available.

Logistics pipes are not SMP compatible yet. THere's an unofficial version that came out a couple of days ago, but I doubt we'll see an update to tekkit any time soon. THere are LOTS of changes in the works, and they JUST rolled out a stable version. Learn to use the mods that are available.

But, why?

Why I can mod my original minecraft.jar with all mods I want and Logistics Pipes are not available on a mod pack?

I'm a dummy of this things, and I'm Italian so if I wrong something please forgive me!

The mod pack has to be customized so that all the different Item and block ids work together and don't conflict. All the mods have to be tested so that they don't cause trouble for each other.

Logistics pipes for SMP was just released a few days ago, and it's not fully ready to play yet, it's still being tested.

You are allowed to go in and add mods to the pack yourself, if they're not in there yet, but you should not expect any support for that.

Logistics pipes are part of the single player Technic version, but if you really have to have them on SMP, ask your server owner to try and add them manually. There's no guarantee that this will work though.

Now that there is an SMP version available for logistics pipes, they probably will be added to Tekkit. But as I said before, there are LOTS of changes coming soon, and all of the mods are going to have to be updated because of the changes to the vanilla Minecraft program. I would not hold my breath waiting for any major changes to the official Tekkit pack any time soon.

However I can use the mods are available, but Logistics Pipes are beautiful...

Yes, they are great fun. But I find that you can do almost everything that they do with Redpower machines and tubes. They don't handle automatic crafting, but for sorting and processing, they work just as well if not better.

Plus they don't feel like 'magic', since you have to actually design the system to route correctly, instead of just letting the magic pipes do it for you.

Hey just a quick thing, Logistic pipes probably wont be in tekkit for a while because it may take weeks to test after they decide to add it to the modpack, but Redpower items with the tubes and machines can work well, and they may even work with Project tables for automated crafting :) but i don't know if it really works because i havent tested it yet, so Redpower can be a bit more complicated than logistics would be but in the end it can do the exact same thing just differently :)

Hey just a quick thing, Logistic pipes probably wont be in tekkit for a while because it may take weeks to test after they decide to add it to the modpack, but Redpower items with the tubes and machines can work well, and they may even work with Project tables for automated crafting :) but i don't know if it really works because i havent tested it yet, so Redpower can be a bit more complicated than logistics would be but in the end it can do the exact same thing just differently :)

Project tables won't work with autocrafting. Neither will normal crafting tables. Only Automatic Crafting Tables and the MK2 ones.