Need some advice about nuclear reactors

Hi there,

I made a nuclear reactor and I connected an MFSU to one of the reactor chambers. My question is: If I want to power a Mass Fabricator, do I need to put a LV transformer or some kind between the Mass Fabricator and the MFSU to make sure the Mass Fabricator won't explode or isn't that really necessary?

1. Do not sign your posts. Please edit your post to remove that. Your name is already attached to the post, and the owners of this forum do not like additional signatures.

2. A Mass fabricator can take packets of up to 512 EU at a time. An MFSU outputs packets at 512 EU, so you should be fine. But you may need a HV transformer between your reactor and your MFSU, or you can blow it up. A reactor can output EV (extreme voltage), which is anything above 512EU packet size. Depending on your reactor, it can be up to 2400 EU per packet, which will blow up anything besides 4xHV cable and HV transformers.

Is there any way to know what size packets are being output by a reactor?

I seem to remember doing an experiment a while ago, and finding that the packet sizes were much smaller than expected, thus explaining the large transmission loss I had at the time.

An EU meter should help, it measures EU /t, so you can just figure out how many packets it will take to make up that many EU. The packets should only be in MV:128, HV:512, and EV:2048. Above 2048, it will blow up anything that connects to it. A quick wiki search shows that even HV transformers will get exploded by anything abouve 2048.

Also, each uranium cell outputs 10 EU/t * # of other cells touching it . for a maximum of 40 EU/T per cell, assuming each is being bordered by 4 others

A quick wiki search shows that even HV transformers will get exploded by anything abouve 2048.

The wiki appears to be wrong on this. An HV transformer seems to be able to take packets larger than 2048 without blowing up.

So if I had a nuclear reactor with 6 reactor chambers (16 uranium cells and the rest filled up with ice),

with an MFSU attached to it (with an HV transformer in between) and a mass fabricator attached to the MFSU with glass fibre cables,

nothing would explode (assuming there is enough ice in the reactor chambers?