New to Tekkit

Gyosou

Question

Launcher Version: Latest?

Operating System: Windows XP

Java Version: I just downloaded the latest version. :D

Antivirus Program: Norton

Description of Problem:

I was watching the Yogcast's Tekkit Let's Play, and I was interested in this mod. So I downloaded the .exe installer, and it runs a little window, that has an installation bar, it said 3/3 and it finished. But after that little windows closes, nothing else happens. I've tried updating my minecraft.jar, and still does the same thing. If you can help me, thank you, if not, hopefully I can find a sollution. Thanks. -Gyosou

Error Messages:

None

Error Log:

None

12 answers to this question

I corrected myself, sorry. I've wanted to get Linux, but I didn't wanna lose Windows, seeing as I still like gaming. And most games won't run on Linux, will it? My friend said I could run Linux while still having Windows on my laptop, if I ever wanted to go on that, but I didn't wanna take any risks..

Ok, so I've installed avast!, and uninstalled AVG, but the launcher still says "Checking Launcher Version", and then it closes right away, without loading anything... I've downloaded Java and everything. Someone help please?

run the technic-launcher.jar directly. chances are that you are on a 32-bit machine and the .exe has issues with 32-bit for whatever reason. the jar can be found like so:

go to start -> run... -> type in "%appdata%\.techniclauncher" -> hit enter

find the "technic-launcher.jar" file

if it looks like a RAR file (the three stacked books), right click and select "open with.." -> java

otherwise, simply double click the file to run it.