Computercraft Troubleshooting

recneps

So, I am playing on a modpack using computercraft. I am using wireless rednet to make a remote control turtle, using an Advanced Computer and an Advanced Wireless Turtle. So far, I have a program named "Turtle" on both, that should allow you to use keys WASD to make the turtle go forwards and backwards, as well as turning left and right. I can not get it to work, can somebody help me? Here are the programs and error messages used and returned by the turtle and computer.

So, I have an error in lines 4 and 2, and I can not figure out what the errors are. Can someone figure it out for me? Thank you.

Edited by recneps
Added Pastebin instead of raw typing.

• Discord Moderator

Thanks for removing the code from the post. However, it's much nicer if you actually provide a link we can click on instead of having to copy the raw text from a code block, create a new tab, and paste the URL into that.

• Why do you have so many blank lines in your code. It makes it very hard to read.
  • Pretty sure you want to be using == instead of = in your conditionals. You are putting assignment operators in your conditional statements.
  • Please create pastebins of the actual code inside the Lua source files, not some amalgam of multiple programs and some extra text and error messages. I can't diagnose things when it's all mashed together.
  • You should have feedback from the turtle so that the controlling computer knows whether the commands are working properly.
  • Here's a link with a couple loop and turtle examples that might help you: http://www.circlecraft.info/cc/

Thank you, sorry I can not edit my pastebin to make it easier, I got my turtle-side code fixed, but I can not get the error on the computer-side code fixed, it still wants a name. Okay, I figured out how to use the pastebin from the ComputerCraft OS, and made a new one of the computer-side code, which can be found here.

Edited by recneps
Added the final sentence.

• Discord Moderator
  • Which version of ComputerCraft?
  • What specific error are you getting?
  • If you are going to do anything other than the most basic of programs, you will want to be using a code-based editor like Notepad++. You can use that to edit the Lua files directly instead of in-game. They are located in the saves/world/computer/<id> (where <id> is the ID of the computer you are using in-game).