Quirk in Tekkit 3.1.1 missing grass?

So I setup a simple localhost Tekkit server for my home and what I've noticed is that there is no grass ANYWHERE. I see flowers and grass blocks, but no tall grass to gather seeds from. I've walked a large area of plains, forest, and jungle without any tall grass. I ended up resorting to bone mealing the ground just so I wouldn't starve the first few nights. Has anyone ever encountered this?

Never heard of this, but I doubt it's a Tekkit related problem. I don't know, I'm drunk atm. Try to generate another world and see what happens. Tomorrow we talk again, when I'm sober. (God thank the spelling correction, else this wasn't readable....)

I too had this issue this evening with world generation. I tried everything I could think of to get 3.1.1 to generate grass but was unable to get any new world I generated to create grass. The workaround I managed to get working was to downgrade the server to 3.0.3 generate the world then upgrade the server to 3.1.1. I have no idea why this worked, but it did.

foresty and tekkit do not get along well, sir shall not be named has written needless destructive code that only is active when it detects it is installed under the word(s) tekkit, technic.

this is why forestry is not in the tekkit pack today. or so i have heard on thease forums many times.

if you want this fix go bug the mod author about leting tekkit use his mod in there "Illegal modpack" which the yogscast support.

edit; i have never found the grass problem on any of my non moded worlds but i have not modded tekkit at all lately so, i just have not seen this problem. mabey it is a redpower volcanoe those sometimes cuase weird gens.