Railcraft - Can't make many types of rail

Crom

Question

You need the vertical standard rail id 7289 but when you click for a recipe it won't show you anything, nor the powered rails either. thus you can't make many of the rails in the game. Like the laminate and gold rail no recipe either. The actual recipe from their website does NOT work.

I don't want to cheat...

7 answers to this question

Took me a bit to figure out. First u need to build a rolling machine. That's the only place you can craft the railcraft stuff. Then u need 26 blocks of coal coke oven to make the oven. Has to be a 3×3×3 structure with a hollow space in the middle. Then u can cook coal into coke and also get the liquid for the ties btw it was at this point that I saw how long it takes just to get 1 creosote oil. I got pisssed and changed the settings to something less retarded. Go to the configuration and ctrl-f "oldrecipe" change that value to true. That let's u skip the damn rail ties. Also there is another option so you don't have to use the rolling machine but that's not so bad. I agree about not wanting to cheat but that was just retarded slow. Oh and hey if you get it working, and you build a tunnel bore, see if you can access the GUI for the bore. Its not working on my server and no one else has even responded on my post to even say its working for thet

m

To all: sorry about the grammar and stuff. I'm on my cell at the moment so its a bit of a pain to type any better than this.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know about the rolling machine!

I knew about the coke oven I use that. I don't mind it especially since the coal gives you 2x as long burning.

As for the bore yes I've set one up and it works on my server just fine actually.

I'll check out the "rolling" machine when I get home thanks for the help! I can finally get going on that.

i'm having problems now as well can't make ties, can make the rails but that's it cant' make ties or any of the other rails at all such as boarding etc, i put them int he rolling machine and acts like it's not right, but all the basic rails i can make just fine, i'm confused.

i can't make the rails either but will give it a shot ie. boarding rail etc.

edit:

it is allowing me to do it in the normal crafting table and the crafting table 2, so what can be done in the rolling table then? just the standard and golden and laminated rails? but no actual tracks etcl?