Tekkit 3.1.1 Is Loading Old World?

Hey guys, I'm facing a rather odd issue. I have finally decided to update from Tekkit 2.1.1 to the current Tekkit version. I went back and followed all of the steps to updated to Tekkit 3.0.3, then jumped from that to Tekkit 3.1.1.. but it's doing something strange.

For some reason, when I log on to the server it is an older version of my world. I have checked multiple times and I am using the correct world file, but every time I update it the world is an older version with significant progress gone.

I'm not really sure what to post because I'm not getting any error messages that I've seen. Has this problem happened to anyone else? Does anyone know a potential cause/fix?

You probably loaded your old world in a 1.2 client or server at some point, at which point it would have done an Anvil conversion and you would have both .mcr and .mca files for your world. Continuing to use the world with a 1.1 server, it'll keep updating the .mcr files, but when you upgraded to a 1.2 server, it's now pulling world data from the old .mca files, which are still left in the same state they were in back when the conversion happened.

Restore your world from before you did the upgrade, remove all the .mca files under your world directories, and then redo the upgrade.

• Forum Administrators

edit: Also what Halibut said ^^^^^^^^^

When you say significant progress gone... do you mean ALL modded blocks are gone? Can you find any trace of modded items? If you can't its possible you aren't loading the server properly and its wiping all the modded items from the map.

You probably loaded your old world in a 1.2 client or server at some point, at which point it would have done an Anvil conversion and you would have both .mcr and .mca files for your world. Continuing to use the world with a 1.1 server, it'll keep updating the .mcr files, but when you upgraded to a 1.2 server, it's now pulling world data from the old .mca files, which are still left in the same state they were in back when the conversion happened.

Restore your world from before you did the upgrade, remove all the .mca files under your world directories, and then redo the upgrade.

Ah, that could very well be the issue. I know I did try to update back when 3.0.3 was first released but decided against it.

edit: Also what Halibut said ^^^^^^^^^

When you say significant progress gone... do you mean ALL modded blocks are gone? Can you find any trace of modded items? If you can't its possible you aren't loading the server properly and its wiping all the modded items from the map.

That's what I thought at first, but I recognized things that would have only existed a few months ago in the server. Ex; smalls camps set up to build certain structures that are already complete in the modern time of the server.

----

EDIT: Should the .mca files be located right inside my world folder? If so, I'm not seeing any.

Found 'em.

This fixed the issue, thank you.