Dafuq is the MFFS core range upgrade for?

I made a giant 128x32x128 forcefield to cover my city. That's 48 directional projectors at the very edges, all hooked up to one core in the center, but the core is supposed to have a range of only 8 blocks. I'm happy that it works like this, but if this is a bug and it ever gets fixed, my city will be screwed up the sewage hole. Can somebody clear it up? ._.

20120801141030.png

^ skeleton of an ungriefable city. u mad? u jelly? u puddi? :-DDD

The range upgrade increases the max range of the core so you can have a single core covering a larger distance - it's not a bug, it's the upgrade.

That's the thing - I didn't install the upgrade. What you see above is all powered by a single core at the top of the central tower with no upgrades.

If I were you, I'd put that upgrade in as fast as possible before something goes horribly wrong O.e

Well, this is a testing server. I've already restarted it several times to see if it would fail but the forcefield always remains. I guess I will put upgrades in the actual public version but I'm still wondering why it works. ;_;

Try putting one in then removing - it might not have noticed it hasn't got an upgrade. Either that or I've missed the update log saying he's boosted the range. It's a loooooooong list which I don't feel like reading at the moment. Whatever happens, this is a benefit rather than a problem, so it's not exactly something to complain about.