I Cant get to my texture Pack folder. (Technic/Tekkit)

only1battman

Hey,

So yea. I wanted to apply the Sphax BDcraft texture pack (like the one from Tekkit with Duncan(and others)). but when i went into Technic (and Tekkit) and click on "Texture Packs" then click on "Open Texture Pack Folder" I get an error that says location not found (see pic). I know that this is not a technic/tekkit problem because my friend who wanted the same thing was able to do this no problem. I have added texture packs before just not on Technic/Tekkit but in straight-up minecraft, without any problems. Can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong/ screwed up. Because i am just flat out confused.

Location%20not%20found%20error.png

I am fairly computer savy and i have tried a bunch of things like trying to get the launcher to reset/rebuild the .tekkitlauncher folder, thinking that something got screwed up in the file trees. When looking at the error from the pic i see that it is looking in the wrong place for the texturepacks folder (kinda weird right).

and if i put this in the wrong section please feel free to move it.

Did you just try following the tree it gave you? If the texture pack folder isn't there, pull out any save folders you want and delete everything else and reinstall it. The best way to get to the .techniclauncher folder is to go to Run: and enter "%appdata%" without the quotation marks. From there, you should be able to find .techniclauncher

Haha thanks.

I already tried backing everything up, and then deleting the .techniclauncher folder. I know how to get to the .minecraft folder and i know that the .techniclauncher folder is right next to it. Also i cannot reinstall the technic launcher because it is an executable file that doesnt install itself into the program files. It just creates the .techniclauncher folder and lauches the java program of your choice.

Also i have tried following the filepath (which puts me in my user folder). The file path for the .techniclauncher folder should be "users/(insert username here)/appdata/roaming" I put the texture pack in the correct location "users/(insert username here)/appdata/roaming/.techniclauncher/(insert mod name here)/texturepacks"

But the problem i am having is that the actual java program itself is looking in the wrong place for the texture packs. it is looking here "C:/users/(insert username here)/.techninclauncher/technicssp/texturepacks" (just look at the pic.).

But thanks for your help anyway.

um, java has nothing to do with the texture packs. that's how technic and minecraft are programed to find the texturepack. You say you're computer savvy yet, at first glance it appears you're not running technic as an admin and are not logged in as an admin, therefore its probably having a fit because the appdata path is a hidden/system folder and you're unable to browse to it or use the in game shortcut because java is also not running as an admin and gives you that error when it's trying to call up the open folder command.

most computer savvy people probably simply browse right to their appdata folder manually and copy/paste packs around like I do without bothering with the in game "open" button.

Ok.

I am running as admin... and i did paste the .zip right into the appdata folder manually. but when i went into technic/tekkit (happens with both) it doesnt show up as a selectable texture pack. This made me think that i was putting the .zip in the wrong place. so i clicked on the "open texture pack folder" button to put it in that way, and that is when it gave me this error.

And i know that java has nothing to do with texture packs, i was just saying that the game itself cannot find its own texture pack folder. it only knows the default (which is built in).

Thanks again. Ill just go through everything and make sure they are running admin, just in case anything bugged out. Thanks.

Just so this gets logged. I figured out a workaround to the problem.

I created another admin account and tried it on there, it worked with no problem. I set the texture pack and played the game for a bit. I then logged out and then logged back in to my account and tried again, this time the texture pack was applied already, and everything worked no problem.

Just so this gets logged. I figured out a workaround to the problem.

I created another admin account and tried it on there, it worked with no problem. I set the texture pack and played the game for a bit. I then logged out and then logged back in to my account and tried again, this time the texture pack was applied already, and everything worked no problem.

that's not a workaround though. That just proves there is something wrong on your specific machine with your specific account. a workaround would imply there was something wrong with the launcher or java.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't necro a 6-month-old (or 1-month-old) thread to post drivel like this. There is a basic computer literacy required to apply texture packs or otherwise deviate from the launcher in any way. You may want to ask someone that knows what they're doing, or follow the installation procedures better. I also suggest looking in the section designed for texture packs.