Smoother Gameplay

overload: I've had issues getting java to work at all with win7 64-bit, if that's what you have (actually took a reinstallation of the OS), but when java didn't work, it didn't work at all. Now, that's not to say your issue isn't with java - you might want to try to ALSO install Java7 32-bit and Java6 64-bit.

Exactly what video card do you have? Minecraft has issues with some video cards.

Other than that, I honestly have no idea at all, but search the minecraft forums!

overload: I've had issues getting java to work at all with win7 64-bit, if that's what you have (actually took a reinstallation of the OS), but when java didn't work, it didn't work at all. Now, that's not to say your issue isn't with java - you might want to try to ALSO install Java7 32-bit and Java6 64-bit.

Exactly what video card do you have? Minecraft has issues with some video cards.

Other than that, I honestly have no idea at all, but search the minecraft forums!

nvidia geforce 9500M gs. java runs fine for me, no idea what couses lag though

Yes... and I'm not understaning what you said after that Torezu...

If you're running a laptop with an nVidia card, try going into your NVIDIA Control Panel and assigning the card to be used with Java, the launcher, and Minecraft. For some reason, your laptop has decided that Java doesn't need graphics acceleration, so it defaults to the onboard graphics chipset, which is usually crap.

Tried to play with memory assigning, reduced/increased it when randomly this occured:

Did you try my suggestion? Also, your version of OptiFine doesn't play well with...anything sometimes. Go get Standard and drop it into the modpack.jar, and see what happens.

Did you try my suggestion? Also, your version of OptiFine doesn't play well with...anything sometimes. Go get Standard and drop it into the modpack.jar, and see what happens.

I'm not even sure where to get that ;<

Edit: I havent changed it upon texturepack instalation so it's default tekkit optifine

I'm not even sure where to get that ;<

Edit: I havent changed it upon texturepack instalation so it's default tekkit optifine

You have the Smooth and AA version, which...may or may not be bugging out on you. Go here (was that really so hard to fine? I Googled "OptiFine") and get the Standard one.

You have the Smooth and AA version, which...may or may not be bugging out on you. Go here (was that really so hard to fine? I Googled "OptiFine") and get the Standard one.

Thanks, I feel so noobish right now :X Hope it helps.

Edit: it doesn't seem to have effect and assigning tekkit/java/minecraft to graphics card just ruined textures and now they have gaps so you can clearly see boxes everywhere, with small gaps between each other

Edit2: After few attemtps to play with those vid card options I made basic minecraft to run 100 fps even when im runing/sprinting etc. But tekkit still runs 20fps max

• 2 months later...

I understand that this is a bit late, but I am also having similar problems with tekkit. Usually it get 80-95 fps when walking, 60-80 fps when sprinting and 55-80 fps when flying. I followed the steps and turned off smooth lighting and MAtmos which increased by fps by about 10 overall. However it slowly decreases to about 40- 50 fps, then drops to 30 fps. It will then either drop slowly, but usually it spikes to about 5-10 fps then freezes.

My laptop specs are:

Processor: Intel Core i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz

RAM: 8GB

System: 64-bit

Java: Not quite sure, but it seems it is 32-bit, version 7 update 7.

Graphics Card: GeForce GT 630M

I got Minecraft to use the graphics card, that helped a bit but the fps only increased by maybe 5fps.

Its not anything constant or becouse of texture pack.

ITs just some unexplainable bug where u can play with default textures and 64 bit java on a beast pc, but something (idk what) gets wrong and from constant 60 fps it goes incredibly low for no specific reason.

It might be something buggy with interface of some item maybe, maybe something with lava or quarrys as the lag starts about when quarry is deep into work as I noticed, havent seen any lag with out quarry set up

Yes, for me it works fine on normal texture packs, but I really wish I could use high-res textures.

Also overload, have you tried making you're minecraft a tekkit/ technic build instead of using the launcher. If you haven't it may help reduce lag, go to this link: http://www.mediafire.com/?84roljqg9jwd595

1. Make sure you backup you're whole .minecraft by placing into another location

2. Delete .minecraft from Roaming, don't forget to keep a backup

3. Open the .rar file and place .minecraft folder into Roaming

4. Start minecraft and do not update

You can put in your old saves, however it may not load properly, as I had this problem. I would recommend starting a new world and if you want use the tools to restore your world, it's your decision.

It usually works best without texture packs but if you really do want one try out 16x or 32x, I don't recommend it since you're graphics card is worse than mine, by a long shot, so you'll just have to stick to default. Feel free to mess around with optifine to fix it, turn off smooth lighting definitely, and turn off MAtmos.

Hope I was of help.

You haven't got any BC pipes overflowing at all? If it is quarries it could be due to lava flows etc?

These options (not BC overflow) can all be turned off or down in Optifine if you go looking, especially under the "animations" tab.

And anyway, just because you see someone else's computer running it smoothly does not mean yours is guaranteed to, sorry bro.