Moogle's Marvelous Musical Mod, Maybe?

The_DarthMoogle

So yes, I do music. And I want to write an entirely new, Technic-inspired suite of tracks.

But that's irrelevant, seeing as absolutely no one has done anything like what I intend to.

What I want to do is physically replace Minecraft's ingame music with some of my own.

And then make it easy for you guys to do it as well. (<-- The other important bit)

People have replaced the music disks before, I know, but that's not what I want to do here.

People who have asked this question elsewhere have been flooded with 'just mute ingame and play ur shit in media player, nub'.

So what other options are available?

So yes, I do music. And I want to write an entirely new, Technic-inspired suite of tracks.

But that's irrelevant, seeing as absolutely no one has done anything like what I intend to.

What I want to do is physically replace Minecraft's ingame music with some of my own.

And then make it easy for you guys to do it as well. (<-- The other important bit)

People have replaced the music disks before, I know, but that's not what I want to do here.

People who have asked this question elsewhere have been flooded with 'just mute ingame and play ur shit in media player, nub'.

So what other options are available?

I'm not sure, but I think in game music can be found in the resources format, in the ogg. format. If you replace the original tracks with yours, i think it should work, as long as yours has the same name. I'm not sure what would happen with the length, all this is hypothetical. Checking for the resources thing ASAP.

Edit : Here's the path for the music. There are three, calm1.ogg, calm2.ogg, calm3.ogg.

/Roaming/minecraft./resources/music

There's another set alike

/Roaming/minecraft./resources/newmusic

Here, there are nine different songs.

There is a disc mod that adds several craftable music discs and you can add 5 of your own music. Google KBI More discs.

Also, if I remember well, the portal gun mod adds a disk that plays "Still Alive". I would have it play constantly in my mansion.

The length is not checked by the game. All you have to do is replace the tracks in the resources folder with ones in the same codec and wrapper.

Ah, thank you very much, exactly what I was looking for!

Now if anyone can recommend a handy installer I can configure to replace these files, I'll get cracking with the music!

Why would music discs use entity IDs? (I haven't looked at the code.) If you mean item IDs, there is no shortage of those.

I didn't mean entity IDs at all, silly me.

Nevertheless, I'm still not looking to use them.

Are there any online services that would allow me to create an .exe file that unpacks my music, and replaces the originals?