mf bat box wont charge from solar panels

PieSappinMyCake

Question

Title: mf bat box wont charge from solar panels

Version: 3.1.1

Java Version: latest...

Description of Problem:

my mf bat box the one that holds 60000 amounts of electricity wont charge from solar panels on my roof with copper cable (but they did before) it just randomly stopped charging, and YES its day time you dips sooo uh any help?

Error Messages:

none

Error Log:

none

15 answers to this question

Yeeesss, because insulting the people you're asking for help from always works in your favor. Check your cable length, you dip.
I said dip cuz i knew the first thing people would say is "hurrr is it uh herp derp night? hurrrr" and like i said it randomly stopped charging, it worked before then, at one point it just stopped charging it

I said dip cuz i knew the first thing people would say is "hurrr is it uh herp derp night? hurrrr"

That would be on MCForums. We actually tend to assume you're smarter than that.

and like i said it randomly stopped charging, it worked before then, at one point it just stopped charging it

Does breaking and replacing a cable fix it? If so, you just have a glitch you'll have to work around. If not, post a picture or 3 so we can see if there's something wrong with the setup.

That would be on MCForums. We actually tend to assume you're smarter than that.

Does breaking and replacing a cable fix it? If so, you just have a glitch you'll have to work around. If not, post a picture or 3 so we can see if there's something wrong with the setup.

ive broken them tryed all type (right now i have hv well insulated cables) i put a transformer and still wont charge it heres a screenshot 20120803211706.png

Yeah, HV cables, even well-insulated, will burn off a solar panel's EU generation before you go 5 blocks. Is that an MFE up under your solar panels? I don't see a bat box anywhere.

Ah, your original post is misleading. Bat boxes store 40k, MFEs 600k, you said 60k so I was confused. Now, assuming you're using regular solar panels, use tin cable (ultra low-voltage) from the panels to the MFE (any non-dot side). Then stick an LV transformer right next to the MFE, making sure the 3-dot side is facing it, and run insulated copper cable for no more than 4 blocks to a bat box. Use the output from that to run your machines. The MFE and LV trans can be replaced with just a bat box if you want, but since you already have the MFE, keep it for the power storage.

Note on the MFE and bat box: the single dot is the output. Rotate it by clicking on the side you'd like to rotate it to with an IC2 wrench (6 bronze) or Electric wrench, or shift-clicking to rotate it to the side opposite the click.

Note on the LV trans: the 3-dot side is the input. The same click-to-rotate affects that side.

Clicking on either the output for a storage box or the input on a transformer will drop the item, and may break it if you're not using an electric wrench in lossless mode.

This should be entertaining. I think that transformer's on the wrong side. Shall we start a pool on when he'll be back asking why his machines are exploding?
i dont even need the transformer the thing i came back for is that the mfe cant face the cable or else it wont charge... and when its not facing the cable it charges but slower then before it stopped charging

What's downstream from the MFE? Is something burning off its power?

There's a glitch in the advanced machines - if you try to pull directly from an MFE without an LV transformer, they won't blow up, but they will drain the MFE dry without doing anything, and it'll happen fast, far faster than your few little solar panels can hope to charge it.

What's downstream from the MFE? Is something burning off its power?

There's a glitch in the advanced machines - if you try to pull directly from an MFE without an LV transformer, they won't blow up, but they will drain the MFE dry without doing anything, and it'll happen fast, far faster than your few little solar panels can hope to charge it.

nothing is taking its power currently and i have an lv transformer now but NOW it wont charge when i added it wich wayer are either spose to face? 3 dots faceing down for the lv transformer and 1 dot facing up for mfe? EDIT oh uh im dumb ONE i had an mv transformer BEFORE the mfe LOL ok now i have the reg solar things with cables going to the mfe witch goes to an lv transformer but it still goes slow and only if the dot ISNT going up to the solar panel cables

On the MFE, the dot is the output. On the LV Transformer the single-dotted faces are the low voltage and the triple-dotted face is the medium voltage.

Your MFE is probably sending out energy slowly because it sends out MV packets, so it has to wait for the solar panels to charge it up to at least 128 EU before it can transmit power.

I'm going to assume you have about 5 solar panels, since any other than the three visible ones are obscured by your house. Each solar panel sends out 1 EU/tick. 20 ticks occur in a second, so it takes about 1.28 seconds for them to generate 128 EU, and that's without counting any EU loss over cables.