Computer type stuff

Pulse95

Basic question: I need to buy a decent gaming computer for my nephew, it needs to be $600 or under. ($600 give or take about $20 or $30 up) It does not have to be a super monster, but if anyone can provide a link or something that would really help my nephew out for his 13th birthday.

Basic question: I need to buy a decent gaming computer for my nephew, it needs to be $600 or under. ($600 give or take about $20 or $30 up) It does not have to be a super monster, but if anyone can provide a link or something that would really help my nephew out for his 13th birthday.

Desktop or laptop?

Edit : Also, is building the computer an option?

And what kind of games can he expect to run on it? Can he run things like EvE or Day-Z?

Yeah, he should be able to run anything that's out there right now. I wouldn't say you can run BF3 with max graphics, but this is a very good gaming PC.

Last question, Does it come with a monitor? I do not see one in the previews.

Few, if any, pre-built PCs you order online come with monitors. It's a popular add-on, but many people want to use the monitor they already have. If that's included in your budget, you're going to have a skimp quite a bit on power, sadly.

Check your local classifieds for any school or state auctions, schools are generally legally required to surplus old equipment via auction and advertise for atleast 1-2 weeks.

Most government-type places replace their computers every 4 years or so, and generally on a rotating basis to keep their budget level. Find an auction and you should be able to find a cheap monitor.