struggling with power issues

Lothos

I have upgraded my 4 basic machines to their advanced ones and put 4-8 overclockers in them. Power became an issue on the old copper/lv transformer line, so I upgraded to glass fiber underneath and made mv transformer upgrades for all 4. I thought a single MFE could power the 4 devices fine this way, but they are struggle to even remotely power up. Am I going to have to resort to parking an MFE for each one under them to feed them properly? I have 6 geothermals charging the MFE faster than they can drain it too, so its not a charge problem.

ok, so I went ahead and made them their own mfe's and even then they can't handle more than 3 overclock upgrades before they're taking out faster than the mfe can charge on 128eu/t. I dont understand how you cap a machine with this hurdle.

Honestly, the advanced machines run so fast when they're spun up all the way that they almost never need overclockers. I use 4-6 of each advanced macerator and furnace and I can process about 30-40 stacks of ore in maybe 10 minutes, moving them manually. It's even easier if you have tubes to shuffle stuff around.

can you even power them with HV? I wasn't sure what more transformer upgrades would do. I ended up cutting out the single mfe and having all 7 of my geothermals feed a glassfiber trunk and each machine has its own mfe. I have 7 overclockers in them now and they still need more speed :)

torezu, its about conserving space right now so just one machine per. The furnace I don't worry too much over, as if I really need something fast I use the DM one instead.

They'll run on HV with 3 transformer upgrades IIRC.

Your MFE idea wouldn't even work. Your machines are using more EU/t than EU they can store in total, so they'll run out and stop no matter how much juice you feed them. Storage upgrades are mandatory for what you're trying to do.