World Generation stops after a point

jdsdude

I just started a tekkit server on the latest build. Everything works fine except that when players pass a certain point, the map generation cuts off along the entire line. Its a perfect straight line where deep ocean starts and no more lands spawns. This occurs at about the same distance from the spawn in each direction, effectively forming a square> i dont know if this is just smp related or tekkit related, but does anybody know how to stop this from happening so that the game will continue to generate land? Single player of same world continues spawning land past the point. It appears to be smp related.

I have had the exact same issue myself,... on several maps. i run plain old tekkit no mods to note.

i flew 49k blocks and nothing but ocean after the first 2k blocks. this has happened in several worlds i created but not all.

Updating a server will do this - the seed generation algorithm changes, and the map generates new terrain that doesn't match biome or level with the old one. I've restarted more than a couple of worlds when it does this.