IC2 Miner Not Working

xjjon88

Just checking to see if using

op [industrialCraft]

Is the way to allow the miner to mine?

My quarry was not working and using op [buildCraft] fixed it.

I op'd IndustrialCraft though and still no luck. I hear the sound of the miner though.

Are you using Towny? I had problems setting up block altering machinery in towns. And I'm sorry, but I have to ask... Why would anyone use IC2 miner?

With an OV scanner, to avoid leaving giant gaping holes in the landscape? Some people like their worlds quarry-hole-free.

Are you using Towny? I had problems setting up block altering machinery in towns. And I'm sorry, but I have to ask... Why would anyone use IC2 miner?

I am using Residence, and the miner is inside my residence. I am using IC2 miner for exactly the reason Torezu stated, besides I don't need all the cobblestone and sand that the quarry digs up.

There are many reasons.

1) BC quarries are significantly more expensive... 11 diamonds, versus 0-3 for IC2 miner (and a couple dozen more iron for pipes that doesn't make up for the diamonds)

2) Both types of miners get the same number of valuable resources, if you don't care much about excess cobble.

3) IC2 miners are MUCH easier to pick up and move to the next location. 1 miner + chest + 1 copper wire + 1 MV solar or 2 LV solar. Done. Compared to transporting a huge number of complicated pipes and setting them all up and having engines to power them and coolant pipes and pumps to pump the coolant, etc.

4) It doesn't completely destroy the landscape to the point that nothing can ever be built there and look pretty ever again, as mentioned. IC2 miners leave 1x1 holes that can just be plugged up and youll never know they were there.

5) Since a quarry digs out such a huge area, you are almost guaranteed to have liquids which need to be pumped out, with a dedicated pump. Also a good chance they might need to be strained, etc. All extra complexity and machines and tanks and waterproofing... With IC2 miners, if there isn't liquid directly below the miner, it will be fine. About 80% of the time, I can get to bedrock without ever having a pump attached, and still get all those ores.

6) The IC2 miner puts items directly into a chest, without pipes. This creates less lag.

In fact, I don't see much benefit to ever using BC quarries, honestly. Even if you have some need for massive amounts of cobble, it would be better and more automated to simply make some cobble generators (lava and water) and hook up a redpower2 block breaker to mine infinite cobble as quickly as a quarry for much cheaper and without any upkeep ever. So the only advantage of quarries is better accomplished a different way anyway.

• 4 months later...

Old post i know but for anyone with this issue in the future you just need to give permission to it as if it was a player

if there is no protection /op [industrialcraft]

if its residency protection then enter this command /res pset residencename* [industrialcraft] build true *the name of your residence

if its towny /op should have been enough, if not your screwed as it cant accept an invite and you would have to allow strangers break permissions

if using grief prevention the command is /trust [industrialcraft]

I think you understand the point now, basically what ever protection plugin you are using just trust [industrialcraft] as though it was a player.

hope this helped