NO JETPACK EVEN THOUGH FULLY CHARGED WONT FLY ON SERVER

b3astmuch

Question

Title: NO JETPACK EVEN THOUGH FULLY CHARGED WONT FLY ON SERVER

Version: 3.1.2

Java Version: 64

Description of Problem:

all the jetpacks on my server even thought they are fully charged wont leave the ground i have enabled flying

Error Messages:

none

Error Log:

none

yes i do and caps isnt that ennoying...

WELL, TO BE PERFECTLY HONEST...

Also, have you cheated the charged jetpacks in? I had a bug one time where I did that, and it couldn't fly. Try sticking it in a MFSU and taking it out.

What version of Tekkit is your server running? The SMP Jetpack fix is in Industrial Craft 1.97 which is added in Tekkit 3.1.1 and onwards. I try my best to not play on any server running the current rec build because of this.

Eh... Ninja'd, you were. ^^

well xylord for some reason i have to do what you said everytime i get on the server which is extremely ennoying got any other ideas can vault,werewolf,big trees, or essentials prevent flying?

What do you mean, you have to craft a new one? Or put it in the MFSU even if it's fully charged?

like it says it half way charged but wont fly so then i put it in the mfsu and it says its not charged so i have recharge it fully everytime i log on

I'm not sure what you mean, but it's normal that the jetpack's batteries discharge, and that you have to recharge it once in a while.

ok lets say im using my jetpack right? i check my inventory really quick before i log off i see the jetpack is at the red power level so it sill has some juice left. next time i log on and try to fly with that remaining juice it acts like as if i dont even have the jetpack on cant even leave the ground more than a jump so i rush over to the mfe and it still says i have the red charge put as soon as i put it in the charge drops completely to zero and i have to recharge the whole thing to fly could a pluggin be causing this?

ok lets say im using my jetpack right? i check my inventory really quick before i log off i see the jetpack is at the red power level so it sill has some juice left. next time i log on and try to fly with that remaining juice it acts like as if i dont even have the jetpack on cant even leave the ground more than a jump so i rush over to the mfe and it still says i have the red charge put as soon as i put it in the charge drops completely to zero and i have to recharge the whole thing to fly could a pluggin be causing this?

Well, the charge bars *can* be a little buggy. If it's in red, even if it looks like it still has some juice, it might actually not. I'd recommend using a batpack or a lap pack to have backup energy if your jetpack is out.

no the red charge was just an example i just did a test where i fully charged it logged off logged back in and i still had to recharge it even tho it shows its full

Hm... Well then, I'm clueless. Having a lappack handy should solve the problem anyway though, since it acts like a portable mini MFSU.

Hm... Well then, I'm clueless. Having a lappack handy should solve the problem anyway though, since it acts like a portable mini MFSU.

You...have to wear a lappack and use the item in question to charge it. That gets harder when they're both chestpieces. Unless you've figured out some way?

so after unistalling and reinstalling everything but my launcher the problem is still there. torezu can the people who put this pack together do something about this bug?

Hmm.. trying to think of a good analogy... Ok, here goes.

That's like asking someone selling you a deck of pokemon cards to rebalanced and reprint the attack points on the Charizard card, because it is clearly overpowered and unbalanced. He just collects the cards; he doesn't make them.

The maintainers of the Tekkit pack did fix this already though. They included a version of Industrial Craft that had addressed this bug. This addition was included in the Tekkit 3.1.1 update. It baffles the mind how people can think that the awesome dudes responsible for the tekkit/technic packs actually develop the mods. I have a feeling this may be partly due to the Yogscast, even with their best of intentions.

Yeah i knew that they didnt make the mods but do you know an easier way to mabye get to some higher ups who can fix this its not like ive got the guy who made the mod number on speed dial...

Actually the mods on the IC2 forums are pretty good at responding fairly quickly. I'd try asking there. But, honestly there are a lot of known jetpack bugs with previous versions of IC2. I'd check the stickies/ bug report forum first.