How do I Lock NEI on Recipe mode?

Bottom left chose "options" then goto the "cheat Mode" and click it till you get "Recipe Mode" :D

Tip: When in cheat mode you can hover over items and hit R to see the recipe :D

hope it helps

Edit: Also you can just press O when your on the inventory screen to toggle NEI on and off

I have a similar problem. I just want to block off Cheatmode because I don't trust myself. I cannot figure out how to config the NEI to get it to stay on Recipemode. I can do it ingame but its changeable and I can just change it if I want to cheat. Can anyone please help?

• 2 weeks later...

Edit NEI.cfg, and change lockmode=-1 to either 0 (recipe mode only) or 1 (tool use mode, tools as defined in config file).

Sorry to necropost, but could you clarify Torezu (or anyone else)? chicken_bones post does not specify how to use any of the modes from the config file. What is the difference between '-1', '0', and '1' with regards to the lockmode line? Any ideas how that relates to the cheatmode line above it?

...could you clarify...chicken_bones post does not specify how to use any of the modes from the config file.

This is how I understand it. The cheatmode line sets or shows (sets if you edit the file directly, shows if you edited it in game) whether cheat mode is enabled.

Lockmode works like this: -1 is off, 0 is recipe mode, 1 is utility mode (with utility_actions defined) with recipes enabled, 2 is cheat mode, though you can still look at recipes. If lockmode is anything other than -1, you can't change it in game. If lockmode is not 2, it doesn't matter whether cheatmode is 0 or 1 - it won't work in game.

Note that I haven't tested any of this.

You can also set this up server side. I personally have it lock recipe mode for all users except OPs. Then I de-OP myself and use permissions to have access the the rest of the Admin type commands. Then I manual add my user name to the other options in the NEI server config so I can still use buttons to change the time of day and change game modes when I'm feeling to lazy to type commands. :P