Trying to allocate more memory but it won't work?

borristheviking

Question

Hello, recently I have been trying to play a modpack which is quite a big modpack and very intense on processing power - I have a 64bit operating system and am currently using 32x java. I was on the server and I told them about me crashing all the time and they suggested changing to 64x java so you can allocate more memory. So I watched a couple of simple straightforward vids that explained how to do it. So I did the same however - the problem is that whenever i change to 64x java technic acts as if it is offline? For example: When I try and log in it says "error connecting to auth.servermojang" or something along those lines but when I use 32x logging on is fine and shows no problems ( apart from the crashing on the specific modapck). Things I have tried: Completely uninstalling java and all of it's updates them reinstalling 64x java first ( still did not work). I have tried a workaround where while I have the launcher open (so im already logged in) I will install 64x java and then go to launcher options and then click on "search for another version" then find the 64x exe file - This still did not work because whenever i allocated more memory and got to the main menu of the modpack - my character would not have his skin and servers would not be online? Thank you to anyone who can give me suggestions 

1 answer to this question

Looks like a firewall issue to me. The 32bit java is whitelisted to have access to the internet. The x64 one isn't.

Can you get me the latest log from .technic/logs ? Open it, select all the contents (Ctrl + A) and copy it to http://paste.ubuntu.com, fill in the author and hit paste, the site will reload, copy the link (address) and post it here.