I'm way in over my head and could really use some help

JunkyPic

Good morning gents and ladies,

I'll cut right to the chase: I very recently opened a Tekkit server, and have 0 experience configuring it.

The interface looks like this and the files that are currently on the server confing thing are these.

I have no idea how the heck it's running Tekkit since I don't see any files that would indicate that Tekkit is even installed.

As you may have guessed the interface itself is Multicraft.

The server is up and running, people can connect to it and so on.

So my concerns are the following:

• First and foremost: How do I disable some items(such as TNT and so on).
  • Can plugins be installed? And if so, where do I even begin to get them from? From what I've seen most plugins aren't even compatible with the latest version of Tekkit.

For now, that's 'bout it.

I have searched the forums for similar posts, but so far didn't find any. I do believe I'm not using the search function properly...

Later Edit: From what I can tell, disabling items is done in the RedPower files...but I don't have them. I'm really confused and feel incredibly stupid -.-

There are several plugins you can get to block items, such as PermissionsEx.

To install plugins, take the plugin's jar file and put it into the plugins folder in your main directory, then run the server. This will create a folder (and configurable files) with the plugin's name in the main directory's plugins folder.

1. There are various configs scattered around the files. If you go to the directory your Tekkit.jar is in, there should be a "buildcraft" folder, which has the BuildCraft configurations in, a "config" folder, with most of the plugins configurations, a "redpower" folder with RedPower's configurations in and "mod_ee.props" with the EE configs.

2. Plugins are installed the same as you would with Bukkit. Make sure you download the version for 1.2.5-R4 for them to be compatible with the Tekkit version. You shouldn't have many issues with plugins, if any. At least I haven't during the time my server has been up.

EDIT: Is there anything in your "config" folder? You seem to be missing buildcraft, redpower and EE configurations. Make sure the mods are in the "mods" folder. If so, you'll need to upload the configs for them.

EDIT2: In fact, did you just select the Tekkit jar? If so, you'll still need to manually put in all the mods, configurations ect. from the server download as it looks like only the .jar was downloaded by MultiCraft (not too sure how MultiCraft works). Just download the server files and re-upload all the files.