Disconnect.overflow

tanki123

Question

Title: Disconnect.overflow

Version: 3.1.2

Java Version: Java 7 update 6

Description of Problem:

We have a small server that is hosted by a friend. It is intended for 3-4 players only. For some unknowingly reason, the server starts to disconnect people due to buffer overflow.

Facts/Debug checks:

-No one is using a quarry and no buildcraft piping was achieved at that time as it is a pretty early server

-Entity count checks out.

-Reverting to an earlier backup seems to fix the problem

-FML logs shows both logs from earlier backup and current server to be Identical

-FACT: Hoster comp often crashes and we always reextract the mods and move the world across

-Debug screen on client shows C:8/400 1st line unknown of its significance

-Network lags to the extent of flipping a lever or breaking a block does not show the block breaking but items drop and machines update nearby (could be a desync bug) however it does update after quite some time.

-Warping to another place using essentials warps causing us to fall infinitely as chunks does not load around us

-A world anchor is in the nether but we removed to see little or no change in lag

Would appreciate the help thanks.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

11 answers to this question

its a miserable upload so i am to conclude its bandwidth issue then

EDIT: However it worked before for say 2 weeks no problem and reverting to old backup also solves the problem so i am to assume something is jamming up the bandwidth on the server

Please post constructive comments. Unless im not clear enough, Its not a problem of chunks loading server side (If thats to ahrd for you to understand, I mean chunks are being loaded when people are offline.) Server is operating fine its the network lag im concerned about. Problem being that when someone joined the server they would experience huge amounts of connection lag and would cause server to kick the player due to buffer overflow. This is resolved when its restored to an earlier backup of the server therefore leading me to the conclusion of something being wrong with the server and not internet bandwidth issues

I'd say it was a bandwidth issue. The only time I've seen this error on my server was when I was running too many programs that required network access. Stopping those programs fixed it immediately.

What speed is your friends connection?

not a bandwith issue. ive had the same problem except for it only happened at spawn.

anywhere else no one crashed. only at spawn.

i dont know the problem either.